3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
December 24, 2019, 1:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
AL must get the players to score us a goal at Macc . I would be urging the players to shoot as often as possible and the players need to be working harder on set piece delivery and finishing .The Scunny game chances were created but we never looked like scoring barring Wright hitting the post. Let`s just go for it play 3 up front and attack for 90 mins against a team who must be even more devoid of confidence than ours.Come on Limbrick unleash hell and 500+ travelling Mariners will sing you home.UTM

ALL WE ARE SINGING IS GIVE US A GOAL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Stevie Cammack
December 24, 2019, 1:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -8
Approval: -815
Quoted from 1mickylyons
AL must get the players to score us a goal at Macc .

Are you in professional coaching?  Seem to know your stuff.

Current 'Blip' length - 15 years and counting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
1mickylyons
December 24, 2019, 1:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Stevie Cammack

Are you in professional coaching?  Seem to know your stuff.

I could hardly do worse Stevie lad

The difference in centre forwards on Saturday summed up our problem Van Veen held the ball and waited for runners the few times he got the ball and when he got a chance he took it with ease . Our strikers had numerous opportunities to create chances but often failed to control the ball or play a simple pass and when they got a chance flunked it. All about basics football is a simple game you just need to score one more goal than the opposition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
Stevie Cammack
December 24, 2019, 2:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -8
Approval: -815
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I could hardly do worse Stevie lad

The difference in centre forwards on Saturday summed up our problem Van Veen held the ball and waited for runners the few times he got the ball and when he got a chance he took it with ease . Our strikers had numerous opportunities to create chances but often failed to control the ball or play a simple pass and when they got a chance flunked it. All about basics football is a simple game you just need to score one more goal than the opposition.

True enough Mick, true enough.  

Current 'Blip' length - 15 years and counting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
December 24, 2019, 2:21pm
Guest User
I'm not sure the gods of football have forgiven us yet for letting Podge Amond walk away...
Reply: 4 - 26
mimma
December 24, 2019, 2:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
It's all about confidence.

Van Veen at the beginning of the season wasn't scoring or playing well but we were. Now it's the reverse. We snatch at chances and want another touch. Players make forward runs knowing they will get the ball when you have that confidence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
forza ivano
December 24, 2019, 3:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Thought youd like to know that the record is 11 games without a goal. It's one thing I believe this team could achieve!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
fishboyUTM
December 24, 2019, 5:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
I won't name them as I know they read social media and have confidence issues, but some of the strikers are not ready for first team football. Some may never be ready. They could prove me wrong by hitting the target instead of screwing late chances wide of the post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
Northbank Mariner
December 24, 2019, 5:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from fishboyUTM
I won't name them as I know they read social media and have confidence issues, but some of the strikers are not ready for first team football. Some may never be ready. They could prove me wrong by hitting the target instead of screwing late chances wide of the post.

That's Cardwell then!!.. or possibly Rose..🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
Stadium
December 24, 2019, 5:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Agree,after all they are well paid, allegedly professional footballers.
Under no circumstance criticise or question their performances.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scoring a goal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.