MuddyWaters
December 24, 2019, 11:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Just through on Twitter......
Mariners Trust would like to wish all GTFC supporters a very Happy Christmas and New Year.

It is a very frustrating time for everyone at the moment but we would ask that everyone get behind the players and helps them through this difficult patch. Recent performances have certainly deserved more reward than we have achieved. With regard to takeover speculation we would very much welcome investors who are going to take the club forward. We are as frustrated as anyone that despite positive vibes there has been little or no progress. We very much support the view of now establishing a deadline so that we can all be clear as to where we are . We also support, and have been party to, the concept of any interested parties making an initial investment rather than a complete takeover. As things stand there are too many unanswered questions from our point of view  to be comfortable with a takeover. The key motivation for anyone interested is clearly the wider development opportunities and we need to be sure that the football club would benefit as part of that and not be saddled with extra costs.   With regard to the manager situation along with everyone else we can see the improvements under Anthony and Ben and really hope that they can start producing the results they deserve. If the decision is made to go a different route then we will be involved through Jon and Dave and they will do their very best to help make the right appointment. As we know there are no guarantees or an exact formula for choosing a manager but one thing we will be really keen to assure is that the policy of developing from within is maintained.  

Keep the faith and Up the Mariners.
Mariners Trust Board
Private Message
MuddyWaters
December 24, 2019, 11:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
So, in summary, the Trust agrees with everything John says, all you fans that are moaning can fuckoff, cos appointing Anthony and Ben would be cheap and that's OK for now.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
HertsGTFC
December 24, 2019, 11:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters
So, in summary, the Trust agrees with everything John says, all you fans that are moaning can fuckoff, cos appointing Anthony and Ben would be cheap and that's OK for now.

Pretty much my take on it.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
IlkleyMariner
December 24, 2019, 11:26am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,984
Gold Stars: 69
What else can the Trust say?

All we need are three wins, new owner, new ground and all will be well.
At Xmas the three kings bring gifts don't they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
pizzzza
December 24, 2019, 11:36am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Yeah great, so as others have said basically toeing the party line. And "if" we do go for a new manager we have "Jon and Dave" assisting JF to make the choice, we cannot fail!  
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
1mickylyons
December 24, 2019, 1:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Sadly the MT offer nil or very little to what we get from Fenty et al they seem happy enough to go along with this malaise.I think 2020 needs to see the fan`s come together with or without the MT backing and force Fenty out once and for all. Very clear to see we need change and his insistence on clawing back every penny is a huge problem firstly to the day to day running of the Club and secondly to any progress ever being made. Unless we see massive change before the end of May I would urge ALL fans to consider boycotting Season Tickets for next Season it`s the only time he will take any notice .I understand moves are afoot to re start protests and I whole heartedly support this Fenty is killing the Club and it`s the toxic fan`s time to stand up and be counted.Fenty Out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
FishOutOfWater
December 24, 2019, 1:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
What else can the Trust say?

All we need are three wins, new owner, new ground and all will be well.
At Xmas the three kings bring gifts don't they?

It's actually after the 12th day of Christmas.... 6th January

The same date that Town stuffed Luton 7-1 in the cup way back when

Anyone think we'll ever see such days again?  

I'm pretty sure there's no epiphany heading our way soon....  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 34
moss_side_mariner
December 24, 2019, 1:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

It's actually after the 12th day of Christmas.... 6th January

The same date that Town stuffed Luton 7-1 in the cup way back when

Anyone think we'll ever see such days again?  

I'm pretty sure there's no epiphany heading our way soon....  

We might be able to put 7 past Alfreton again in the not too distant future.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
FishOutOfWater
December 24, 2019, 1:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

We might be able to put 7 past Alfreton again in the not too distant future.

I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck starting to get all twitchy in anticipation.....  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 34
1mickylyons
December 24, 2019, 1:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck starting to get all twitchy in anticipation.....  

Be rescheduled for an FA Trophy tie vs the dog and duck
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.