Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › One person to blame .......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 302 Guests

One person to blame .......

This thread currently has 2,332 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
December 21, 2019, 4:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Same old story, cheap as chips budget means managers aren’t interested in coming to work for a board that continues to shortchange their customers. Yes, we played ok today but our goal record is a flipping embarrassment.

Time to go, the flipping lot of you. Your record is shameful.
Private Message
Gaffer58
December 21, 2019, 4:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
We keep hearing that there is no money available in January but, has the Chelsea money become available yet and also is Mr Fenty intending to take his yearly £200k out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Yoda
December 21, 2019, 5:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,160
Gold Stars: 71
Been saying this for ten years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
rancido
December 22, 2019, 10:07am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Same old story, cheap as chips budget means managers aren’t interested in coming to work for a board that continues to shortchange their customers. Yes, we played ok today but our goal record is a flipping embarrassment.

Time to go, the flipping lot of you. Your record is shameful.

Same old line about a low budget !!! It's been stated that the budget was about tenth in our league , so that is hardly "cheap as chips ". MJ knew what his budget was in the summer but IMO he didn't use some of it wisely. I don't think Waterfall came cheap and did we really need him? We had Davies, Ohman and Pollack on the books . Why sign Green ,who again won't have been cheap? He's a player in the twilight of his career who wasn't deemed good enough for Salford yet MJ thought he could be part of a promotion challenging team. Too many fringe players who aren't good enough but seem to be there just to make up the numbers yet we have loan signings regularly picked above squad players. Why doesn't Ring feature any more ? Sadly we are stuck with some players who just aren't good enough or unnecessary and that is purely down to MJ's recruitment and not the budget.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
Yoda
December 22, 2019, 10:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,160
Gold Stars: 71
Bookies favourite to go down at the start of the season not often they are wrong.!
Bury and Macclesfield could save us this season but i fear for next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
December 22, 2019, 12:01pm
Guest User
Having thought about this a little, I don't think we can blame MJ for his recruitment.  We have to take into consideration that he can't just go up to 'John Doe' and say he wants him at the club, and it's a done thing.  Other clubs are also recruiting who may be a better proposition, some of his prime targets may not want to move to Grimsby, or have been snapped up by other clubs.  Maybe the players wife influences him too.  There are so many reasons that we can't get who we want, so we have to go further down our list to bring in new players.
Reply: 5 - 9
rancido
December 22, 2019, 12:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 123614
Having thought about this a little, I don't think we can blame MJ for his recruitment.  We have to take into consideration that he can't just go up to 'John Doe' and say he wants him at the club, and it's a done thing.  Other clubs are also recruiting who may be a better proposition, some of his prime targets may not want to move to Grimsby, or have been snapped up by other clubs.  Maybe the players wife influences him too.  There are so many reasons that we can't get who we want, so we have to go further down our list to bring in new players.

If you can't get who you want then why somebody just to make up the numbers. Like I said in my earlier post, Green is a wasted signing plus one or two others.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
grimsby pete
December 22, 2019, 12:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from rancido

Same old line about a low budget !!! It's been stated that the budget was about tenth in our league , so that is hardly "cheap as chips ". MJ knew what his budget was in the summer but IMO he didn't use some of it wisely. I don't think Waterfall came cheap and did we really need him? We had Davies, Ohman and Pollack on the books . Why sign Green ,who again won't have been cheap? He's a player in the twilight of his career who wasn't deemed good enough for Salford yet MJ thought he could be part of a promotion challenging team. Too many fringe players who aren't good enough but seem to be there just to make up the numbers yet we have loan signings regularly picked above squad players. Why doesn't Ring feature any more ? Sadly we are stuck with some players who just aren't good enough or unnecessary and that is purely down to MJ's recruitment and not the budget.

Agree with most of that we have Ohman and Pollock who could be in the team and we seem to do better when they are. Jolley has got us in this position with his constant changing and over the top thinking.

BUT

Fenty has to take most of the blame with his constant penny pinching, Hurst said he left because Fenty would not give him his back up staff that he wanted then Fenty gives them to Slade and Jolley.

The 6 month rolling contract is ok for a rookie until he has proved himself but Slade was ashamed and did not want anybody to know he was on one. So unless we get a new owner soon which is unlikely the next manager will only be offered 6 months.
That will not attract the type of manager we need.

So  unless we can get some new owner in who has vision and wants to invest I can only see us going back to non league for a much longer stay. If Macclesfield goes mammaries up we will be safe this season but the trouble will be still with us for the coming years,

All I want for Christmas is a well run club I can be proud of just like the one we used to have.

Merry Christmas fellow mariners I am going for a lay down now as we do not have a match for a while.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
MuddyWaters
December 22, 2019, 12:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

Who stated 10th?

In your opinion, we would have started the season with three centre backs including an 18 year old lad and, by the sounds of it, Cardwell up front and an unsettled Ring at left back. And don't give me the line about loan players, Robson and Gibson have probably been our best players this season as was Embleton last season.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 22, 2019, 5:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,814
Gold Stars: 178
Back in the day, there were protests at the back of the findus. People leaving early and on mass, making their feelings felt. Now, those that want to make a difference and record their feelings, don't attend. £20000 every home game affects them more where it hurts.

Fu(k off. The lot of you.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › One person to blame .......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.