Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Limbrick go now ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 392 Guests

Should Limbrick go now ?

This thread currently has 10,247 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
December 21, 2019, 3:41pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

We certainly weren't outclassed today and some would say were unlucky to lose if not win it but it's a results based business.

He's had his chance now for me and the Limbrick project just hasn't worked unfortunately.

Start smelling the coffee Mr Fenty and get a new manager in ASAP.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
December 21, 2019, 3:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,637
Gold Stars: 217
We have players who can be tricky running at defenders in the opposition box but they never do so “it’s a yes from me”!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 64
cmackenzie4

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
I think he should he’s been given enough time and in that time we haven’t even scored a goal, just not good enough, I know it goes deeper than just the manager but we need someone in who can get the best out of this team, this team have had some good wins this season (Exeter away etc) so there is a team capable of competing and winning there.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 64
fiveallive
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
The problem its not Limbrick's fault Green couldn't put the ball in the net, and Hendre should have scored, fair enough Limbrick coaching should be working on Max Wright crossing.

Grimsby are very goal shy, Jolley has left us with a load of rubbish.

Also Akheem Rose isn't going to make it awful effort late on.

Harry Cardwell needs to gone on January.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 64
ginnywings
December 21, 2019, 4:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
He's not had much luck with the fixtures thrown at him and players spurning good chances. We looked like a cohesive, hard working unit today, trying mainly to play football the right way. I couldn't see the 'penalty' tackle on Ogbu from my seat in the Main, but I've just listened to Limbrick post match and he is adamant that it was a pen. I can only go on what i saw today, but sometimes a manager is guilty by association when he has stepped up from assistant. If we had appointed someone else straight away and had exactly the same run of results, people would be saying 'give him a chance' or 'give him a transfer window'. It's a tough call but i haven't seen us enough to know how much we have improved under him, but my nephew is quite knowledgeable and he say we have improved a lot in our play since he took over. I was quite pleasantly surprised by our performance this afternoon and you don't always get what you deserve in games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 64
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 21, 2019, 4:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Of course it is down to the manager. We cannot just keep on every week saying he was unlucky, they played well, they did everything but score, they were the better side ...... the table does not lie.

The goals for column is a disgrace. OK Hanson was out but he hasn’t been out for every game and he is not exactly prolific either. So whether the fault on the pitch is in selection, training or form - the buck stops with the manager. The big bucks evidently stop with the board.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 64
December 21, 2019, 5:13pm
Guest User
A definite YES from me.
Reply: 6 - 64
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 21, 2019, 5:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,510
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I think he should he’s been given enough time and in that time we haven’t even scored a goal, just not good enough, I know it goes deeper than just the manager but we need someone in who can get the best out of this team, this team have had some good wins this season (Exeter away etc) so there is a team capable of competing and winning there.

But have to disagree with some of this as the quality of our play is much improved and much easier on the eye  than under a MJ and thus it can be argued he is getting the best from them. Today we delivered a lot of good crosses and had good opportunities to score and if Fenty actually agreed to bring in two decent strikers in Jan I think we would be fine but would also like another midfield player adding to the squad.

Vernam was decent today but clearly lacked that confidence to carry the ball those few extra yards into the penalty box where his tricks may have won a penalty or given him a better opportunity to score.

As I said on another thread I would like a total clear out of our forward players but that will not happen overnight and Limbrick can only work with what he has. I would give him the festive and new year period and see how that goes and if goals and results still don’t come then a new a Manager must be brought in and JF should be ensuring he has a fall back position in place, he’s certainly had long enough to do so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 64
Yoda
December 21, 2019, 5:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,951
Gold Stars: 65
Who else do you get.??
Who even wants it.
It’s a poison chalice sacked at Grimsby never work again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 64
IlkleyMariner
December 21, 2019, 5:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,871
Gold Stars: 66
We have three winnable games coming up, assuming Macclesfield game goes ahead.

AL should manage these games before firing the bullet, but there is nothing to stop the Board from continuing to look for a replacement and sounding out prospective replacements who they would want on their shopping list for new players.

Three wins should secure  AL future. Three defeats and he surely has to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 64
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Limbrick go now ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.