5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
December 21, 2019, 3:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
First game for me this season and it was a lot better than i was expecting. We were clearly better than them but they buried their chance and we spurned our many chances. The width of the post was the difference between us taking the lead and we also put in some excellent crosses. I thought we played well but are clearly lacking that killer touch in the final third. I know it's all about putting the ball in the net, but on that showing, we aint a million miles away from the sort of run Scunny are on. I actually quite enjoyed it apart from the scoreline.

That 80's pop duo from Hull popped into my head- Everything but the Goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
December 21, 2019, 3:40pm
Guest User
Green is not up to this level. Robson and Gibson are our best players by far. What happens when they go. Van Veen can finish but his attitude is all about himself. They were poor. We didn't make them look good they just beat us. Ref looked OK for 5 mins then turned out to be the usual dross. Even the linesman didn't change his own decision. The ref had to change his. Drop ball to them ridiculous. They are a Hurst team dour. Just how many years dis it take him to get us up. Limbrick is clueless. Rose for Clifton come on. Green was on the pitch 90.mins too long. I am so so so disappointed. How depressing is that going onto the New Year. We won't be relagated even when we finish bottom. You play with pride and passion for 90 mins. We are incable to do this. UTM đŸ˜«đŸ˜±
Reply: 11 - 44
TheultimateMariner
December 21, 2019, 3:42pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +429
Gold Stars: 5
I’ve been a Grimsby supporter for 17 or so years of my 21 years of existence, and honestly this is the first time I’m genuinely thinking about not coming to the games (despite having a season ticket). I know you support your team through the good times and the bad, however not scoring a goal in the league for 2 months and 9 days says a lot for itself, but who’s counting anyway...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
rancido
December 21, 2019, 3:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 140067
Green is not up to this level. Robson and Gibson are our best players by far. What happens when they go. Van Veen can finish but his attitude is all about himself. They were poor. We didn't make them look good they just beat us. Ref looked OK for 5 mins then turned out to be the usual dross. Even the linesman didn't change his own decision. The ref had to change his. Drop ball to them ridiculous. They are a Hurst team dour. Just how many years dis it take him to get us up. Limbrick is clueless. Rose for Clifton come on. Green was on the pitch 90.mins too long. I am so so so disappointed. How depressing is that going onto the New Year. We won't be relagated even when we finish bottom. You play with pride and passion for 90 mins. We are incable to do this. UTM đŸ˜«đŸ˜±

If the drop ball you are referring to was when the ball struck the ref then you need to keep up with the rules. If the ball strikes the referee and possession changes then it is a drop ball to the team that was in possession- this was introduced in the summer.
Ko

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
December 21, 2019, 3:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from rancido

If the drop ball you are referring to was when the ball struck the ref then you need to keep up with the rules. If the ball strikes the referee and possession changes then it is a drop ball to the team that was in possession- this was introduced in the summer.
Ko

I thought we had possession still. Not the first time this season the ref has got it wrong. I'm not getting paid to get it right. The ref was dross. No actually not that good.
Reply: 14 - 44
Theimperialcoroner
December 21, 2019, 4:08pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
The new drop ball rule is even more balderdash than VA flipping R.

As for Town, played well up until the penalty box. Their savvy was summed up by the Wright chance in the 2nd half. Three strikers moved to the front post, not one of them gambled where the ball might end up. Had they done so it’s an easy tap in. That is what goal poachers do all the time and we simply don’t have that.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
promotion plaice
December 21, 2019, 4:28pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Anyone noticed what looked like part of a seat thrown onto the pitch from the Osmond stand?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
golfer
December 21, 2019, 4:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Anybody sat in it ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 21, 2019, 5:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72

Irrelevant.

Not totally irrelevant as this was one of the best home performances of the season in my opinion and thought Robson was the stand out player. Pity that atmosphere is only once or twice a season as it would surely help if  it was more the norm for home games.

Clearly a lack of confidence throughout the forward players as there were some excellent crosses, opportunities and half chances to have two or three today. Unfortunately, I don’t think Green, Rose, Cardwell, Vernam and perhaps Ogbu are good enough for L2 and none are strikers in the real sense of the word. A total clear out of forwards is required but also we need a contribution from midfield and occasionally centre half as well. Free kicks and corners are just of no benefit to town as we never ever look like scoring from one.

Terrible result, good performance and we all would have preferred the exact opposite but today’s performance actually was very positive and gave me some hope which needs to be turned into results v Crawley and Salford for it to have any meaning. Certainly better than the dross on offer under Slade and MJ.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
lee65
December 21, 2019, 6:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
I know it’s frustrating and particularly galling when it’s Scunny we lost to, but like a few above have said, we actually played well today.

We looked to pass short and keep possession, and usually forward at least. When we did go long I thought Green put in a real shift chasing lost causes and putting himself about.

Of course we need to finish better, as we had at least 5 or 6 decent chances that fell to a variety of people and we should’ve converted at least a couple.

We need to keep some perspective, are we really that far away from a decent squad?, with our current regime in charge are we really going to pay out for a high quality manager?, and even if we do are we going to find better players than we have prepared to come to us?

Will wholesale changes take us forward or put us back?

I’m as down with today as anyone, but I do feel that some of the negativity towards the squad “not fit to wear the shirt” etc. Is a little unfair based on what I was watching
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.