Ipswin
December 21, 2019, 3:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from cmackenzie4
It’s alright playing nice football and looking good but it’s goals what count and we just can’t score (even at home) we need a new manager in as soon as possible, we’ve given Limbrick enough time now and he’s not come up with the goods.

But do you think a new manager could do anything with the current bunch of shite masquerading as professional footballers

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 59
denni266
December 21, 2019, 3:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Dont think you can blame limbrick for missed chances. he has got them playing but the strikers are crap at there job, and you can only put out what you have , and no money for new strikers in the jan window , only need morecame to get  some sort of form, and every team even at the bottom as there day,  and we are down and out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 59
golfer
December 21, 2019, 5:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Flying Mariner

Totally agree...
Unless a new manager comes in with half a dozen new players, nothing will change.
Fenty will not spend.

There is no chance that JSF will put more money in because I don't rate his chances of getting any of his money back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 59
lee65
December 21, 2019, 6:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Stadium

1737 away.

I can’t see how there were that many there!, maybe 6500?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 59
fishcake63
December 21, 2019, 6:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,224
Gold Stars: 62
played well but same old problem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 59
Heisenberg
December 21, 2019, 7:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,039
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Flying Mariner

Totally agree...
Unless a new manager comes in with half a dozen new players, nothing will change.
Fenty will not spend.

Spend what exactly? He isn’t willing to lose 50K a week on wages to wannabe League One players who got their club relegated, and you can’t blame him for that.

MJ spent his (admittedly much smaller) budget badly, and the next man has to pick up the pieces.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 59
HertsGTFC
December 21, 2019, 9:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Heisenberg

Spend what exactly? He isn’t willing to lose 50K a week on wages to wannabe League One players who got their club relegated, and you can’t blame him for that.

MJ spent his (admittedly much smaller) budget badly, and the next man has to pick up the pieces.

I don't blame John Fenty for not spending anymore of his own money on Town, though he's the "non chairman" bank rolling the club like Swann does the Scunts shouldn't be a given. In fact the though it's fukin painful at the moment the best way forward is to have a policy of sustainable spending.

What I do find galling is that there must have been occasions when other investors (not the effing Mullens) have shown an interest and he has failed to enrage them,.Clearly the money he is owed means more to him than making 1000's of local people happy.      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 59
Heisenberg
December 21, 2019, 10:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,039
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I don't blame John Fenty for not spending anymore of his own money on Town, though he's the "non chairman" bank rolling the club like Swann does the Scunts shouldn't be a given. In fact the though it's fukin painful at the moment the best way forward is to have a policy of sustainable spending.

What I do find galling is that there must have been occasions when other investors (not the effing Mullens) have shown an interest and he has failed to enrage them,.Clearly the money he is owed means more to him than making 1000's of local people happy.      

Well I can’t disagree with that either. A sorry state of affairs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 59
Ipswin
December 22, 2019, 10:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HertsGTFC

What I do find galling is that there must have been occasions when other investors (not the effing Mullens) have shown an interest and he has failed to enrage them,    

He certainly seems to enrage most people on here

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 59
FishOutOfWater
December 23, 2019, 3:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from HertsGTFC

A Freudian slip or was that deliberate Herts?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gy - Scunts match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.