Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › IAN EVATT
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 287 Guests

IAN EVATT

This thread currently has 5,699 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
December 17, 2019, 8:03pm
Guest User
He’s the new ‘odds on favourite’. What are people’s thoughts on him?

I would personally love to see him given the job. A manager who knows non-league and will know those part time players that can succeed at League level for very little money. We need some of those rough diamonds again!!

More importantly, he’s got them playing very attractive football too!!

He’s definitely got to be one of the favoured contenders, if we could prize him away!

UTM
ska face
December 17, 2019, 8:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Michael Jolley has nearly twice as many games at league 2 level as Evatt has in non-league, and did so without a relegation on his CV. He’s only been at Barrow 18 months, aren’t they chucking money about at that level too?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
psgmariner
December 17, 2019, 8:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
It won’t be him.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Northbank Mariner
December 17, 2019, 8:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
No chance, new deal signed recently so would be compensation, which we'll never pay, plus, as has already been stated on the "new manager" thread, he's not daft enough to leave a club going places to move to one massively in decline ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
Poojah
December 17, 2019, 8:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,428
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from ska face
Michael Jolley has nearly twice as many games at league 2 level as Evatt has in non-league, and did so without a relegation on his CV. He’s only been at Barrow 18 months, aren’t they chucking money about at that level too?

Bit harsh charging him with Chesterfield’s relegation based on three games as caretaker manager, one of which he won.

As for Barrow’s budget, I don’t believe they are chucking money around, no. Have a look at their squad, certainly nothing flash going on.

Anyway, all immaterial as I understand it. I asked a colleague of mine whose younger brother plays for them and it’s all business as usual up there - no suggestion of anyone going anywhere.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Davec
December 17, 2019, 9:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from ska face

Not anymore, their American owner left and since then they have been on a limited budget.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
GollyGTFC
December 18, 2019, 9:16am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,975
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from ska face

When Jack Lester was sacked Chesterfield were 9 points behind 22nd placed Morecambe with 3 games remaining. And their goal difference was 19 worse than Morecambe. Evatt took over for 3 games when they were already 99.9% relegated.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 10
Abdul19
December 18, 2019, 9:35am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Jack Lester

Good shout. Knows the club  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
December 20, 2019, 7:00am
Guest User
Quoted from Abdul19
Good shout. Knows the club  

or at least, knows how the club was.

McMenemy and Buckley - the most successful managers in my time - had no connection to the club when appointed.
A straw in the wind, perhaps...  
Reply: 8 - 10
devs
December 20, 2019, 4:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 30
Why does knowing the club help?
Just a well worn cliche
Buckley
McMenemy
Hurst
Shankly

Didn't know the club and....

An assistant maybe is good in that area but I think we need completely fresh eyes and thinking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
December 20, 2019, 5:06pm
Guest User
Quoted from devs
Why does knowing the club help?
Just a well worn cliche
Buckley
McMenemy
Hurst
Shankly

Didn't know the club and....

An assistant maybe is good in that area but I think we need completely fresh eyes and thinking

I will suggest that Abdul may be less than serious...he's got previous for that sort of thing.
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › IAN EVATT

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.