Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Respect the electorate or face the music.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Respect the electorate or face the music.

This thread currently has 10,085 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
December 28, 2019, 1:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I can not believe we are having a talk about tampons on here.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 100
lew chaterleys lover
December 29, 2019, 6:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Bawmariner

I'm aware of the cost of sanitary products and the differences between usage. At the end of the day its likely that a pack of 30 pads will be sufficient for a full period. This costs around £3 for a mid range pack but could cost as low as 50p. The tax is not the issue. It doesn't help but the cost of the tampon itself is the main issue. The government can tackle this but hasn't. The NHS could afford free perscriptions if tax levels were sufficiently high but they aren't because of years of tory cuts to the tax rate.

There were no visas before brexit. The UK won't accept freedom of movement therefore it will be harder to work within the EU. There is no argument against this it is a fact.

Fair enough but if you refer to my original post you'll see my partner was taken ill while in Estonia on holiday.  No amount of forward planning could have prevented this. The EHIC helped, had we not had it we'd be facing a bill of £1000's which would be covered by insurance but would have to be paid up front by myself. The loss of the EHIC is bad for any UK citizen that travels to the EU.

We are leaving the EU, and the world will continue turning. There will be new agreements in place for most things on a bi-lateral basis, and everyone affected will be inconvenienced for a nano second, until they get used to the new arrangements.

You won't go to Estonia or anywhere else unlsess you have the provisions that appertain at the time, just as you did on your holiday when the EHIC applied.

Freedom of movement both ways will end, but if you want to work in the EU and they want you it will be via a visa - that is a tiny inconvenience in the grand scheme of things.
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 100
KingstonMariner
January 30, 2020, 1:06am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Is that what you really think? The electorate will self harm unless they vote the way you agree with?

I can assure you that the electorate are not wrong; their decision is a great indication of how the MAJORITY of the voters feel. On this occasion you are in the minority.

The generally silent majority have said in no uncertain manner that they do want Brexit and they don't want the Labour party.

Whatever happened to losing with good grace?

Yes, a lot of it is self-harm. It’s not the fact they don’t agree with me that’s the issue. A lot of people think Brexit is stupid and places like Grimsby voting for the party that has shafted them for decades (another £2m cut in the budget this year) is even dafter. Like it or lump it.

As for the majority we’re not talking about an overwhelming majority (whether you put it in block capitals or not). And you can win overwhelming commons majorities with a minority of votes cast so the election result is hardly evidence of a seismic shift in votes.

As for losing with good grace, it’s not croquet you know. Don’t you like honest opinions or have you become a ‘snowflake’ and get offended easily? You’re quite happy to slag off others whose opinions you don’t agree with. Works both ways.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 100
lew chaterleys lover
January 31, 2020, 9:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Yes, a lot of it is self-harm. It’s not the fact they don’t agree with me that’s the issue. A lot of people think Brexit is stupid and places like Grimsby voting for the party that has shafted them for decades (another £2m cut in the budget this year) is even dafter. Like it or lump it.

As for the majority we’re not talking about an overwhelming majority (whether you put it in block capitals or not). And you can win overwhelming commons majorities with a minority of votes cast so the election result is hardly evidence of a seismic shift in votes.

As for losing with good grace, it’s not croquet you know. Don’t you like honest opinions or have you become a ‘snowflake’ and get offended easily? You’re quite happy to slag off others whose opinions you don’t agree with. Works both ways.

Happy Brexit Day!
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 100
Marinerz93
January 31, 2020, 6:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

Happy Brexit Day!

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 100
Marinerz93
January 31, 2020, 6:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 100
KingstonMariner
February 1, 2020, 10:41am
Meths Drinker

Happy Brexit Day!

Thank you.

Looking forward to you accepting responsibility for the bill for what is to follow.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 100
Marinerz93
February 1, 2020, 1:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Thank you.

Looking forward to you accepting responsibility for the bill for what is to follow.

That's not how democracy works.

Private Message
Reply: 97 - 100
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2020, 10:33pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

That's not how democracy works.

But I thought you guys were supposed to be realistic and honest. Surely you will admit it if you’re proven wrong. Eh?

Nah! Because in your world it’s always someone else’s fault. Poor old me. The foreigners have taken my job. All those nasty foreigners won’t let us have our cake and eat it. They want to protect their interests the fiends.

You’re the biggest bunch of cry-baby, snowflakes out there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 100
Rik e B
February 4, 2020, 3:07am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Ah those dopey knuckle-dragging xenophobic patriotic Brexiteers idiots ey. Thing is looking directly above I can only see one person crying here.

When the sky falls in, I'll admit it was a bad idea.

But I bet my mortgage it doesn't.

Maybe it'll be a great success? That's the Remainers and Project Fears biggest fear and how sad they cant have a little faith in their great nation.

Who knows how it'll all pan out? But we the masters of our own destiny now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Respect the electorate or face the music.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.