Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive ›      James McKeown
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 281 Guests

James McKeown

This thread currently has 5,453 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
December 15, 2019, 9:11am
Guest User
Did you hear Danny Collins comments on RH. Seems there was lack of confidence in MJ and respond to AL
Reply: 10 - 18
HertsGTFC
December 15, 2019, 9:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from 1mickylyons
No idea what`s the truth but Macca been a good servant to the Club and a decent league 2 keeper however we were better with Henderson who was I think 19 at the time so he is not irreplacaable

Agree that nobody is irreplaceable Henderson only played a few games for the club and did really well in a couple and not so well in his last outing at Stevenage. Though Henderson has proved himself at a higher level I’m not sure “we were better” as at the time that fruit loop narcissist Bignot was in charge

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Bigdog
December 15, 2019, 10:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree that nobody is irreplaceable Henderson only played a few games for the club and did really well in a couple and not so well in his last outing at Stevenage. Though Henderson has proved himself at a higher level I’m not sure “we were better” as at the time that fruit loop narcissist Bignot was in charge

The frightening thing is that we were miles better with Bignot in charge. We won more games, we scored more goals, we entertained one game and crashed and burned the next, home gates were nearly 2k better than they are now and away support was double current figures. It's says it all to have to admit that our club has fallen such a long way from the not so heady days of Bignot being in charge..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Abdul19
December 15, 2019, 10:13am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
13 points in Henderson's 7 games, I'd take that now!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
ginnywings
December 15, 2019, 10:21am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Bigdog

The frightening fact is that we were miles better with Bignot in charge. We won more games, we scored more goals, we entertained one game and crashed and burnt the next, home gates were nearly 2k better than they are now and away support was double current figures. It's says it all to have to admit that our club has fallen such a long way from the not so heady days of Bignot being in charge..

Yeah but he burnt too brightly for some and was sacked after a great away win. At least his players got me out of my seat occasionally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
denni266
December 15, 2019, 10:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah but he burnt too brightly for some and was sacked after a great away win. At least his players got me out of my seat occasionally.

the current crop of players so that as well. Only usually to go home early. Or not bother to go at all
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
davmariner
December 16, 2019, 2:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from 140067
Did you hear Danny Collins comments on RH. Seems there was lack of confidence in MJ and respond to AL

Can't seem to find this! Anyone got a link?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
TownSNAFU5
December 16, 2019, 2:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,862
Gold Stars: 42
The current team also get people out of their seats - to home early! 😓
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
Maringer
December 16, 2019, 3:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from ginnywings

If only we had another load of Bogle money to spend on loads and loads of midfielders. None of whom seem to be playing League football any longer, oddly enough. Though a couple of them certainly have the ability to do so if they wanted it enough.

In fact, it's scary looking at just how many players leave us and then drop to non-league either straight away or within a season or two. Even those who have played plenty of League games previously. Perhaps a different aspect of the Grim Reaper in effect?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive ›      James McKeown

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.