Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Are the next 3 games the biggest of the season?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 233 Guests

Are the next 3 games the biggest of the season?

This thread currently has 3,891 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Stew0_0
December 9, 2019, 4:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,199
Gold Stars: 35
Carlisle (below us), Scunthorpe (obvious reasons) and Macclesfield (troubled), are the next 3 games, potentially pivotal and the biggest of season.

Hopefully if we can get a new manager in ASAP, we could have the 'new manager bounce' and we can get positive results from these 3. Otherwise we could be looking at a bleak start to the new year.

fingers crossed for an announcement soon
Logged Offline
Private Message
marinerdazza
December 9, 2019, 5:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
gah.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
mariners1
December 9, 2019, 5:59pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +201
Gold Stars: 1
I guess I’m hoping that it isn’t the LAST 3 games that are crucial if u get my meaning!
UTM...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
Yoda
December 9, 2019, 6:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,976
Gold Stars: 65
Cannot see us getting anything against Carlisle or Scunthorpe hopefully Macclesfield are depleted and we get something against them.
Bottom of the form league still with one point from 18.
Morecombe have 5
and Stevenage 7 from 18.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
arryarryarry
December 9, 2019, 6:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Lose those three and the board, manager and players can all intercourse off.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
Stadium
December 9, 2019, 6:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Stew0_0
Carlisle (below us), Scunthorpe (obvious reasons) and Macclesfield (troubled), are the next 3 games, potentially pivotal and the biggest of season.

Hopefully if we can get a new manager in ASAP, we could have the 'new manager bounce' and we can get positive results from these 3. Otherwise we could be looking at a bleak start to the new year.

fingers crossed for an announcement soon

Unlikely,he'll get another game at least in my opinion.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
Ipswin
December 9, 2019, 6:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
With any luck Macclesfield will have folded by then so we'll only lose two of the three and we will be safe from relegation at a record early date

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
promotion plaice
December 9, 2019, 8:32pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from arryarryarry
Lose those three and the board, manager and players can all intercourse off.

I would imagine a fair few more Town fans will have beaten them to it by then.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
lew chaterleys lover
December 9, 2019, 9:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Yoda
Cannot see us getting anything against Carlisle or Scunthorpe hopefully Macclesfield are depleted and we get something against them.
Bottom of the form league still with one point from 18.
Morecombe have 5
and Stevenage 7 from 18.

This is the reality. We are sinking like a stone and playing some of the worst football a lot of us have ever seen, and just cannot buy a goal. Other teams are nearly as bad I suppose, but are picking up more points than us.

The logical conclusion is that we will finish bottom, unless some remedial action is taken.

Ideally that action is to get a new manager in this week, and Fenty to allow that manager to get some qualtiy players in January necessary to play the new managers preferred system.

Failure to act will be Fenty's biggest mistake yet.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
Heisenberg
December 9, 2019, 10:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,817
Gold Stars: 89
Personally I’m dreading the Scunny game. If we don’t beat Carlisle I think Scunny will wipe the floor with us.

What I don’t get is why it’s always us that has these mad winless runs. Neil Woods’ 25 game streak that sent us down, Slade/MJ’s 20 game run  that was only halted by a dubious penalty. Now this one. If we don’t win soon this’ll grow arms and legs and we’ll be looking at something similar.

This rot has got to stop, and soon. These players need to sort this out between themselves, they’re supposed to be good enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Are the next 3 games the biggest of the season?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.