Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Robbie Stockdale. What do we think?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 264 Guests

Robbie Stockdale. What do we think?

This thread currently has 10,376 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
December 9, 2019, 12:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Difficult to say without knowing who else is in the frame although I doubt the candidates will include anyone other than inexperienced or been-round-the block-and-sacked-many-times losers.

Personally I wouldn't mind Stockdale, he's just about experienced enough (we can't risk another totally unknown subbuteo manager) but I don't want to see a huge surge of support for any particular candidate in case, like last time when everyone on here was getting all excited about Jolley on the strength of some mad coaching vid on You Tube and Fenty was clearly taken in and influenced enough to appoint him

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 59
MrsMariner
December 9, 2019, 7:26pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Stadium

Well he's got a 50% win rate from his previous stint only bettered by Bill Shankley

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 59
lew chaterleys lover
December 9, 2019, 7:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from sam gy
At this stage - why not? It’s not as if there’s a whole load of proven, successful managers queuing up to move here. It’s either gonna be someone who is past it, or someone unproven.

It’s not as if Stockdale is a club legend coming back with his reputation with us hanging in the balance....he played a handful of games before getting injured and was then youth team manager for a year or two.

He’s a well respected coach, a good age at 40....been in the prem and lower leagues and involved in a highly respected academy at Sunderland. And he wants it.

Just give him it, see what happens. If it’s crap we’ll get rid like we have done for the last few seasons.

Can't really argue with that. If he wants it - give it to him and hope for the best.

Every appointment is a gamble; at least he has got some things going for him, and he must be aware of the Fenty factor.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 59
cardiffmariner
December 9, 2019, 7:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
Is that the Danny Butterfield at 33/1?? Knows the club...😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 59
A.l.f.
December 10, 2019, 7:15am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
It will be him as he's out of work isn't he?
I'm not convinced and not keen on Manager's being ex defenders as its not usually very exciting football.
I'm still baffled about how we created so many chances early season and looked so good.  Since Salford away Hanson has 2 men on him when the ball is pumped in the air and we haven't adapted, as if 2 are marking him, there must be space elsewhere to exploit teams.
We have been sucked of confidence and some fans have i'm sorry to say have contributed to this.  We had players confident on the ball early season and now the ball is like a hot potato.  We need someone experienced with a positive manner to lift the players and remind them how good we were in August.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 59
MuddyWaters
December 10, 2019, 7:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
After another month of the good ship GTFC sailing along without a rudder, it's about time we had some positive action from the board.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 59
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 10, 2019, 8:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from MuddyWaters
After another month of the good ship GTFC sailing along without a rudder, it's about time we had some positive action from the board.

We may be rudderless, but there's certainly a couple of anchors involved

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 59
ginnywings
December 10, 2019, 8:41am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from A.l.f.
It will be him as he's out of work isn't he?
I'm not convinced and not keen on Manager's being ex defenders as its not usually very exciting football.
I'm still baffled about how we created so many chances early season and looked so good.  Since Salford away Hanson has 2 men on him when the ball is pumped in the air and we haven't adapted, as if 2 are marking him, there must be space elsewhere to exploit teams.
We have been sucked of confidence and some fans have i'm sorry to say have contributed to this.  We had players confident on the ball early season and now the ball is like a hot potato.  We need someone experienced with a positive manner to lift the players and remind them how good we were in August.

Years of watching football has taught me never to judge a team for the first dozen games. Some will start well and fade as we have. Some start poorly, then pick up as the season progresses. A handful start well and stay consistent throughout. We started well under Hurst, Slade and Jolley, then reverted to type. There is a pattern to it, with the difference being that we seem to spiral downwards and keep going. I've never known a team have such prolonged bad spells so frequently. This club sucks the life out of managers and players alike but now the life is draining from the fans too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 59
golfer
December 10, 2019, 9:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,425
Gold Stars: 115
The next manager who comes in needs to be strong and show his authority. When he introduces himself his speech should be something like this-"You useless load of shite-and shut your mouth Macca,haven't won a match since the beginning of time.From now on every goal we concede there will be a £50 deduction from your wages  If we don't score another £50-and shut your mouth Macca. You will start work at 8-0clock and finish at 5. If it's raining you will be provided with oilskins. Everybody will have standard haircuts-none of this fancy Robbie Williams shite.And what colour are your boots-red,yellow,pink,green. You might play like women but you are not going to look like them. I hope we all get on-now back to work. 1 hour will be added on for this meeting so there will be no school run-and put those fking fags out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 59
diehardmariner
December 10, 2019, 10:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,534
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Why can't we attract a manager who is either properly up and coming or an ex league 1 manager with some pedigree?

I think we should be getting someone with previous managerial experience and I'm underwhelmed by the names mooted.

I suppose when you look back at previous appointments we've done that.

Up and coming - Bignot.  Could argue Jolley too, came in with big ideas about how to change the mentality of the club.  Very alternative appointment.

League 1 before he came back - had some pedigree.  Yes he came here on the back of poor spells at Charlton and Coventry but they were both basketcase clubs.  

The problem is there's no guarantee when you appoint a manager of success.  It's a gamble.  We've gone through a host of managers since returning to the league and none have come close to anything like success.  There is, however, a common denominator in it all...
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Robbie Stockdale. What do we think?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.