10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Mayaman
December 7, 2019, 3:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Swindon are quick coming forward. You can see why they're top.  They don't give you a second on the Town not so much.  Swindon go down too easily in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 91
buckstown
December 7, 2019, 3:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
Trash, utter clueless trash
No movement, no idea, no confidence
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 91
Mayaman
December 7, 2019, 3:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Short corners are useless.  Get it in the danger area!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 91
Davec
December 7, 2019, 3:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Whilst it is clear that Limbrick has tried to instill a more easy on the eye footballing style and we do seem to be playing it on the floor more than we certainly did under Jolley, but ultimately it is a results based industry and you do not get any points for passing it around but losing the game. and whilst we by all accounts played reasonably well against a good Northamption team, looked good against an effective Chetenam side and now playing against the team who are top of the league, it does still look set to be 1 point from a possible 9 with the possibility of 0 goals being scored in Limbricks 4 games in all competitions, not an impressive stat and whilst we should be grateful to Limbrick for making us play a better styleof play maybe it is time to bring somebody else in, and this somebody else may want to bring in their own man which would of course lead to Anthony's departure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 91
denni266
December 7, 2019, 3:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Cant blame the manager for a deflection  and macca slipping .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 91
sonofmadeleymariner
December 7, 2019, 3:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Shocking half of football.

Defence all over the place giving Swindon an easy game
Midfield slow, no skill, can't pass or tackle
Attack Hanson feeding off scraps, Green and Venrma non-existant

Pretty much covers that first half I think.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 91
HertsGTFC
December 7, 2019, 3:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
We are a side completely devoid of any confidence. Our midfield look like passengers when they should be participants.

If Limbrick sends them out with the same shape and personal that will confirm he’s not up to the task.

We’ve just had a 10 day run which would have been the ideal time to get a new manager in but as ever we fail to take an opportunity

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 91
mimma
December 7, 2019, 3:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
I'm at the game. They are everything we are not. No movement no passing slow closing down constant high balls to Hanson. They get the ball they have time and space to play it. We get the ball there's three Swindon players closing us down with no Town player to pass to.
Utterly awful-no improvement on Slade or Jolley. Devoid of any ideas
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 91
Maringer
December 7, 2019, 3:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
We were playing OK until the second goal. Not great since then, but they've not exactly been peppering our goal.

McKeown at fault for the first. I know he stumbled, but it looked to me that he panicked as he thought the header was better than it actually was. Should have been an easy catch. Of course, the chance in the first place came because Gibson was ball watching at a throw, letting their man get the first cross in easily. He's had a stinker so far today albeit against a strong and powerful winger.

Hewitt well out of position for the second, but it was just one of those things as we had two defenders there to try and block the shot - might have hit both of them!

We look like a nervous team, lacking in confidence and not willing to try a forward pass when a backward one is available. They look a good team and have plenty of pace and athleticism which is making us look pedestrian in the middle.

We'll need to do a lot, lot better in the second half, or they will coast to the points. A goalkeeping error and deflected goal for us would be nice!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 91
OllieGTFC
December 7, 2019, 3:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Apparently Robbie Stockdale is in the main stand no idea how true that is

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Swindon thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.