Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
Rik e B
December 4, 2019, 8:39am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Are you the Mighty Mariner? Oh, and do you have a recording device in that suit and do you ever mooch about in the background in the press box?🤔😂

Seriously though, excellent to hear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
Mighty_Mariner
December 4, 2019, 9:21am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Rik e B
Are you the Mighty Mariner? Oh, and do you have a recording device in that suit and do you ever mooch about in the background in the press box?🤔😂

Seriously though, excellent to hear.

Haha unfortunately not the Mighty Mariner... No way I'd be able to pull that off as well as Andy C.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
December 4, 2019, 1:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Interesting article on Telegraph site about Clifton playing as a holding player and Limbrick’s thoughts on 433.

He says he wants the players to stick to 433 so that they all know their roles and can enjoy their game with confidence.

It seems like Jolley was just trying to be too clever with constant changes in line up and formation, and couldn’t make up his mind.

I’ve been encouraged by AL so far but he has such a tough run of fixtures when everyone could do with a win and lift morale.  I hope in the end the fixture list won’t be his downfall.  Between him, Davies and Dave Moore they should have a nice blend of experience.

Not much experience there in managing a Football League club.

Reply: 13 - 16
grimsby pete
December 4, 2019, 1:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
The ones saying AL does not deserve a chance of proving himself here ( for a few more games at least )

Are the ones who will call for Wild or whoever we appoint to be sacked if they go 6 or 7 games without a win.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
jamesgtfc
December 4, 2019, 5:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I was in the press box for the Cheltenham game and Anthony came up for his post-match interview with Matt Dean... Nothing out of the ordinary, but what I did notice, and like, was he then stayed around for about 30 minutes picking Buckley's brain about formations, systems, playing Clifton in front of the back four, the role of Hanson etc etc.

It was great to listen to a young manager gleaning advice from an experienced pro and there seemed to be a genuine mutual respect there.

That conversing was left with an agreement to meet up again very soon to discuss all things football.

I was impressed by AL's enthusiasm to learn Buckley's opinion on certain things and AB was only to happy to oblige, where he thought he could help.

AL as manager an AB as Director of Football would work well IMO.

When can we expect the conversation to be uploaded?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Rik e B
December 5, 2019, 2:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Haha unfortunately not the Mighty Mariner... No way I'd be able to pull that off as well as Andy C.

I tried for Cleethorpes Carnival a few years back and nearly died of heat exhaustion with that suit on 😂♨️♨️♨️

About a quarter of the way through it dawned on me why he didn't want to do it 😱 and him calling over to me calling me an imposter just before parade set off was an ominous sign... 🤔😬

Heard parents telling their kids 'mighty mariners had a few cheeky drinks' as I staggered about spilling fundraising bucket everywhere... In fact it was me struggling for consciousness! 🥵😲
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Limbrick, Clifton and 433

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.