Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is the price rise this season effecting attendance
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 145 Guests

Is the price rise this season effecting attendance

This thread currently has 3,988 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
November 30, 2019, 4:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,949
Gold Stars: 65
The increase in prices this season to 22 pounds pay on the day effecting the attendance.
Last Tuesday nights game the attendance was non league level
I know we are on a poor run and Jolley is looking like a big mistake.
Is it the never ending Fenty death spiral killing off support.??

I felt the price rise was to much for the standard of football being served up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
denni266
November 30, 2019, 5:03pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
I think it is the standard of football more than the price.. like everything in life if the product is good you will go see it / buy it more often..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
moosey_club
November 30, 2019, 5:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Yoda
The increase in prices this season to 22 pounds pay on the day effecting the attendance.
Last Tuesday nights game the attendance was non league level
I know we are on a poor run and Jolley is looking like a big mistake.
Is it the never ending Fenty death spiral killing off support.??

I felt the price rise was to much for the standard of football being served up.

Well there was an acknowledgement at the end of last season that the playing budget needed upping for this season.....who did you think was going to pay for it ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
fishboyUTM
November 30, 2019, 5:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from moosey_club

Well there was an acknowledgement at the end of last season that the playing budget needed upping for this season.....who did you think was going to pay for it ?

I can see you're not a Labour voter.

I think apathy is starting to take over, we've given it twenty years to be fair, but it's absolutely shite and I don't know about others, but I'm so sick of it I'm beginning to fall out of love with Town. I've been going since 1989 regularly, home and away. Most of my adult life as a season ticket holder but I don't believe we will do anything under Mr Fenty's leadership, aside from flirt with, and eventually be relegated again to non league. Constantly firefighting, no visible medium to long term plan, horrible football, ageing players signed on the decline (again), square pegs in round holes. All been done before, we know how it ends. Our better players, such as Jake Hessenthaler's contract being allowed to ebb away (7 months left, no hurry JF). Shite, and more shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
Yoda
November 30, 2019, 5:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,949
Gold Stars: 65
Yes but at 22 pounds a lot of fans will put a bet on go to the pub in the warm and watch the a match and the football results come  in.
It’s enough to put people off.
As was proven on Tuesday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
moosey_club
November 30, 2019, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from fishboyUTM

I can see you're not a Labour voter.

Don't follow ??

The budget wasnt up to scratch, JF has said for a couple of seasons he wants out and isnt putting his money in....so obviously the punters foot the bill....its systematic of his reign.....very short sighted. If you dont value your customers they will eventually fck off, no matter how unique your product.
The club never grasped the full potential of being back in the League, right then, at that time when we were all travelling back from Wembley...Boom !!! Freeze ST prices, discount prices for renewing ST, reduce junior tickets, hit us with offers, enticements and a thanks for helping us out of non League......but no.......  let time pass, let the euphoria die down, let half of the hero's and fan favourites slip away.....then eventually release and then put the prices up....this after WE had stuck £100k in the kitty via operation promotion.

May 2019...( as i imagine it )...
MJ - John, the budget really wasnt competetive for last season
JF - ok, i hear you, i will do all i can to ensure next seasons budget is closer to being competetive. I will speak with the board.
JF - Ok board, the product, results, backroom staff,  facilities and squad quality needs to improve, so based on how disappointing the season was i propose to increase gate prices and pass the burden on to the supporters. All in favour of agreeing with me or face having to put more money in yourselves........Aye.......Carried unanimously.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
GYinScuntland
November 30, 2019, 5:41pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
I paid 33 euros for Hamburg v Stuttgart the other week.
Wish I could work out how to put photos and videos on here.
50k plus, comfy seats, beer in your seat, gorgeous concourse food, free programms, smiling old bill and stewards even though the security was second to none and thorough, free transport throughout the city three hours before and after the game with the match day ticket, free bus shuttle to ground, no over reaction, court cases and banning orders if a couple of blokes fall out and come to blows, just pinned up against the wall, bollocked and sent on their separate ways.
I've three Hamburg sorted for definite and three Town in the next three months, guess which ones I'm looking forward to most?
Don't get me wrong, the passion is all for Town but my passion for football in this country is wearing thin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
headingly_mariner
November 30, 2019, 5:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Yep way too much. After a shite season to put them up was crazy. Result of that is 500 less sold.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
friskneymariner
November 30, 2019, 5:45pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Unfortunately the product has been devalued.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
spuggybridge
November 30, 2019, 5:58pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +35
In all fairness it could also be to do with timing I couldn't go because I was on afters shift with no holidays left, if it had been Saturday I would have gone regardless, plus midweek there are usually fewer there especially those travelling (125 mile round trip every home game for me n the missus).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is the price rise this season effecting attendance

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.