2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
The Grim Reaper
November 25, 2019, 7:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
He does come across well. He's so enthusiastic and i am sure that enthusiasm will rub off on the players. I imagine that the training ground is a better place to work nowadays.

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rik e B
November 25, 2019, 7:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I think he could do well, just needs to shake off any remnants of bad vibes from being part of Jolley's reign and the grumbling that seemed to be going on behind the scenes.

But of course we should interview potential candidates and if see somebody really stands out. Maybe Limbrick could stay assistant if that's the case, unless they want their own man. Fenty shouldn't force an assistant onto new guy in order to keep costs low. That's been done a few times and I don't think it usually works as well as the new man having the team they want, know and trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 25, 2019, 7:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,599
Gold Stars: 64
Just listened to his pre-match interview and have to agree. Not saying he is the answer just because he says the right things and is enthusiastic as that even applies to the odd Fishy poster, however, he appears to have identified a way he wants the team to play and by all accounts on Saturday achieved some of this albeit for half an hour.

Let’s face it if a new manager had started in between the Newport & Northampton game we may have been saying how promising things look if he sorts out defending set pieces and the team takes 50% of the chances created. We should have a better idea of how influential he has been after watching tomorrow against yet another bogey team who we all love to hate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Northbank Mariner
November 25, 2019, 8:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,431
Gold Stars: 171
Funny how now Jolley has gone that the first thing limbrick does is revert back to what was quite successful for us in those early games when we were free scoring and sat in the top 7...
It's a damning indictment on just how much the fluffing about of the team every match affected the players and their confidence...you can only blame MJ for screwing up what was a promising start..
If in honest I like limbrick and he's changed my opinion of him in just 2 games whilst at the helm under his own steam ..think Dave Moore is probably putting his two penneth more now...
We do well tomorrow and I'd not be surprised if he's given until Xmas to turn us around and if he does then I'd expect him to be offered the job on a full time basis..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
IlkleyMariner
November 25, 2019, 9:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,979
Gold Stars: 68
heres hoping
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
psgmariner
November 25, 2019, 9:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
No goals and no points so far for us and sacked by woking after 19 points in 31 games. The way he talks is the least of my worries. Nice guy blah blah but it’s a no from me Clive.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Swansea_Mariner
November 25, 2019, 9:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
IMHO  we were gonna lose those two matches whoever the manager was. Difficult to judge him based on those two games.

That's not because Newport and Northampton are anything special, just I feel the reality of where we are at the moment.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
chaos33
November 25, 2019, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
Let’s be honest, we will lose tomorrow night to a good team. That’ll be three defeats. No disrespect, but I want a new manager.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
wuffing
November 25, 2019, 10:17pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +820
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from chaos33
Let’s ge honest, we will lose tomorrow night to a good team. That’ll be three defeats. No disrespect, but I want a new manager.

While you're at it Chaos33, can you tell me the lottery numbers for tomorrow night please?!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
chaos33
November 25, 2019, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
You think we’ll win?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anthony Limbrick

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.