Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chris Hargreaves so what's your thoughts?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 208 Guests

Chris Hargreaves so what's your thoughts?

This thread currently has 9,256 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
November 25, 2019, 6:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I think he'd be alright, but like you say has he been marred in the player's eyes as part of the dysfunctional Team Jolley?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
Harry Haddock
November 25, 2019, 11:42pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Choosing a new manager is always a lottery but doesn't this remind anyone of when we last chose an ex town player ?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
November 26, 2019, 11:58am
Guest User
Not for me.
Reply: 22 - 49
buckstown
November 26, 2019, 12:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,177
Gold Stars: 79
Surely we can find a manager who's had some success, even for a limited time? To appoint a person who's had one go and failed would be a massive gamble in my opinion.
I read somewhere that Chris has done a good job at the Bristol Rovers Academy but if that qualifies we may as well reappoint Neil Woods, his record is identical to Hargreaves. How would everyone feel about that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
KingstonMariner
November 26, 2019, 12:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I am not in the least bit whelmed by the prospect of Chris Hargreaves as manager.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
grimsby pete
November 26, 2019, 1:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
No he is not called Pete  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
marinerdazza
November 26, 2019, 3:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,841
Gold Stars: 82
*looks in whelmed bag*

*sees it is empty*
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
Tommy
November 26, 2019, 6:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from buckstown
Surely we can find a manager who's had some success, even for a limited time? To appoint a person who's had one go and failed would be a massive gamble in my opinion.
I read somewhere that Chris has done a good job at the Bristol Rovers Academy but if that qualifies we may as well reappoint Neil Woods, his record is identical to Hargreaves. How would everyone feel about that?

Agreed. Totally different remit and purpose to the role. Academy manager is there to produce players for the first team. The focus isn't on results of their games, as Woodsy alluded to in a recent interview.

You could also add Jolley to the list of Managers coming from Academy backgrounds. Although I'd question question how legit some of the coaching experience listed on his CV is after learning a few things of late and how he never stayed anywhere very long.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
Theimperialcoroner
November 26, 2019, 6:08pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,172
Gold Stars: 102
Quite like the guy from what I’ve heard on the radio, but cannot believe there are not more suitable managers out there.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
mariner91
November 26, 2019, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,594
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Tommy

Agreed. Totally different remit and purpose to the role. Academy manager is there to produce players for the first team. The focus isn't on results of their games, as Woodsy alluded to in a recent interview.

You could also add Jolley to the list of Managers coming from Academy backgrounds. Although I'd question question how legit some of the coaching experience listed on his CV is after learning a few things of late and how he never stayed anywhere very long.

Intriguing...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chris Hargreaves so what's your thoughts?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.