Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chris Hargreaves so what's your thoughts?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 142 Guests

Chris Hargreaves so what's your thoughts?

This thread currently has 9,254 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
November 24, 2019, 11:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
3 or 4 separate sources suggesting hes a strong contender. V interesting insight from a Gashead on the new manager thread about him.whats your thoughts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
TwoLeftFeet
November 24, 2019, 11:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,069
Gold Stars: 18
Bit of a lottery choosing a manager not sure he would be my choice but if he's the one and can get the team sorted then good luck to him..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 49
marinerdazza
November 24, 2019, 11:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,781
Gold Stars: 81
He knows the club. He’s had one failed job in management. He knows the club. Give him a 5 year contract etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 49
ginnywings
November 24, 2019, 11:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Not the worst suggestion I've heard as the new manager. Has had a long and positive career in the game, much of it around our level. Has managed, albeit not very successfully, and is doing a decent job as a coach in Brizzle. Obviously knows the club and the area, so nothing will come as a surprise to him, and i think if he's given a go, he would put his heart and soul into it. He would only have to get us into the top 12 to be our most successful manager for 15 years. I think he will definitely be on the radar, but whether he is touting for the job, i don't know for sure, despite hearing a few unsubstantiated rumours that he is. Could be a great move for both parties, or another flop. Who knows?

Hope he's not still got that mullet though.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 49
mimma
November 25, 2019, 12:04am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
Why are we banging on about him? There's nothing to suggest that he is anywhere near to getting the job.

Does anyone in football that has links to the club, either as a player, or from these parts, automatically become a candidate for the job?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 49
AdamHaddock
November 25, 2019, 5:15am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
Bleeds black and white. Would run through brick walls for the club etc

Just a minor point, does he know anything about tactics, playing to our strengths etc?

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 49
Rik e B
November 25, 2019, 6:10am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I would imagine any manager would put their heart and soul into it. I'd prefer poaching someone who currently managing and having success while they're at it.

But I guess poaching means payoffs so we'll go for cheap option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 49
Northbank Mariner
November 25, 2019, 6:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,441
Gold Stars: 171
For as much as he's played here, knows the town, the club ect can't help but think he'll be cheap and that seems the remit to getting to the town job....
Not to dis Chris but I'd prefer we get a proven manager with known tactics, formations and one with some kahoonas to sort this shower out!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 49
golfer
November 25, 2019, 7:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
NO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 49
chaos33
November 25, 2019, 8:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
I played with him in teams and against him as a young teenager as we are the same age and knew him well then. He scored a lot of goals, and I made a fair few! Always felt a bit weird watching him play for Town but I’m trying not to let this colour my view in whether he would be a good Town manager if indeed he was an actual candidate - nothing concrete to suggest that either way.

What really matters is; what are his credentials? What level is his coaching qualification? What managerial experience does he have? What contacts - both players and staff?
I guess these are the sort of things you find out in an application and an interview. Knowing the club is of little relevance to me, although not completely unimportant. It’s his credentials that should earn him the right, not his birthplace. On paper, doesn’t look that strong for me. Not from a management experience point of view anyway.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 49
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chris Hargreaves so what's your thoughts?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.