Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 177 Guests

New Manager

This thread currently has 89,788 views. Print
46 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 25, 2019, 12:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from psgmariner

Spurs aren’t in the EFL. Doesn’t apply in the premier league which is lucky as they always seem to have the next on lined up when there’s a sacking.

Their ball their rules!

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 455
LH
November 25, 2019, 12:36pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from psgmariner

PS I really hope the club have checked this!

“As Wayne didn’t apply and we weren’t willing to pay Derby the compensation to trigger a release clause in his upcoming contract we didn’t think it was necessary to interview a Rooney. We hope the EFL disciplinary panel accept this as an unfortunate error and can be lenient when deciding on a punishment.”
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 455
RichMariner
November 25, 2019, 1:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
I don't see why anyone has a problem with the Rooney Rule.

Say, for example, that 5 credible managers are interviewed for the Grimsby job, and they're all white males. Why would it hurt to interview a 6th who's BAME? It's one extra person; he wouldn't be 'replacing' anyone.

And no one is telling us that we have to hire the BAME candidate. We'll still hire the best candidate and the final decision rests with the club.

It's so easy for us white males (and females) who have never been victims of race hate crimes to sit here and moan about something like this. But, let's be honest, we don't know what it must be like to feel ignored and overlooked because of the colour of our skin, so who are we to judge?

I just fail to see why people have such a bee in their bonnet about this. I would also presume that a BAME applicant would probably be just as qualified as anyone else, so the idea that it's a token gesture and they're somehow weaker is missing the mark.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 92 - 455
lew chaterleys lover
November 25, 2019, 1:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from RichMariner

Say, for example, that 5 credible managers are interviewed for the Grimsby job, and they're all white males. Why would it hurt to interview a 6th who's BAME? It's one extra person; he wouldn't be 'replacing' anyone.

And no one is telling us that we have to hire the BAME candidate. We'll still hire the best candidate and the final decision rests with the club.

It's so easy for us white males (and females) who have never been victims of race hate crimes to sit here and moan about something like this. But, let's be honest, we don't know what it must be like to feel ignored and overlooked because of the colour of our skin, so who are we to judge?

I just fail to see why people have such a bee in their bonnet about this. I would also presume that a BAME applicant would probably be just as qualified as anyone else, so the idea that it's a token gesture and they're somehow weaker is missing the mark.

Gosh that is condescending, isn't it? Which is one reason I am against this sort of thing.

"Oh hang about John, we have forgotten a BAME candidate so lets rustle one up asap..."

Anyone can apply, and (hopefully) we will choose the best candidate.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 455
November 25, 2019, 1:58pm
Guest User
Obviously there is also a rule that at every mobo awards there is a white artist in each category!!!!
Reply: 94 - 455
psgmariner
November 25, 2019, 2:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
That explains why Sam Smith won so many I guess.

Private Message
Reply: 95 - 455
Rodley Mariner
November 25, 2019, 2:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from RichMariner

I couldn't be arsed getting into it but you're spot on. It's also the case that BAME are hugely under represented  in management and at times have clearly been discriminated against so it makes total sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 455
Malta_Mariner_90
November 25, 2019, 2:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from mimma
Sol Campbell was never interviewed before Jolley. H
E stated that he would take any job to get into management. Fenty made a comment along the lines of "if he wants a job he first needs to apply for one" which people took as we wanted him here.

According to the GT he was interviewed. See below link:

[url]https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sol-campbell-reveals-turned-down-1357545[/url]

Though they can be somewhat inaccurate at times...  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 455
golfer
November 25, 2019, 2:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
We want Evatt -  We want Evatt -  We want Evatt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 455
RichMariner
November 25, 2019, 3:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Quoted from 1098
Obviously there is also a rule that at every mobo awards there is a white artist in each category!!!!

No because white people haven't spent centuries fighting against discrimination. White people haven't spent centuries fighting for fair representation.

This "we want it, just because they have it" attitude completely misses the mark.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 99 - 455
46 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.