4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
wuffing
November 23, 2019, 5:10pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +830
Gold Stars: 38
FEEL that AL needs a couple more games to prove if he can hack it. Listened in the kitchen on the radio and we should have been two up early on. Thats how it goes when you're down on the luck, they go upfield and break your heart.  The play sounded so much better...trying to play football the right way. We have time. It doesn't sound really broke. Let's see what Tuesday brings?

UTM

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
livosnose
November 23, 2019, 5:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
The Lincoln lads are the problem , waterfall , green , whitehouse are all shite.

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
TAGG
November 23, 2019, 5:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
I was absolutely fuming after last Sat & Wed we were a total embarrassment.
Today even though we lost, the first half at least gives me some optimism that we may be able to get back to something like our early season form.
The lads gave it a go today.
Glad to see Harry back in the midfield he gives it everything hes got.
Looking forward to Tuesday's game.
UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
fishboyUTM
November 23, 2019, 5:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
Much better today and tried to play the right way. Green had a shocker, he's a player signed 3 years too late and unsurprisingly in decline. We lack quality in both boxes that can only be put right with a cheque book. We need our best two players Hendrie and Wright back as soon as possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
MuddyWaters
November 23, 2019, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Much better today and tried to play the right way. Green had a shocker, he's a player signed 3 years too late and unsurprisingly in decline. We lack quality in both boxes that can only be put right with a cheque book. We need our best two players Hendrie and Wright back as soon as possible.

I still find it staggering that young Max, with a handful of games under his belt, is seen as the answer to our troubles.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
cardiffmariner
November 23, 2019, 5:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,308
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Is Wright one of our best two players? Genuine question, as other than highlights I haven’t seen him play. Has he played a full 90 minutes yet for the first team? I know he has potential but seems he’s becoming the big white hope whilst out injured.

As an aside, I think we need to give AL at least 4 games before judging whether he’s capable of getting more out of the players than Jolley. Bad result today but sounds like a step forward after the low of Wednesday (or more precisely the second half on Wednesday).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
wuffing
November 23, 2019, 5:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +830
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from cardiffmariner

Is Wright one of our best two players? Genuine question, as other than highlights I haven’t seen him play. Has he played a full 90 minutes yet for the first team? I know he has potential but seems he’s becoming the big white hope whilst out injured.

As an aside, I think we need to give AL at least 4 games before judging whether he’s capable of getting more out of the players than Jolley. Bad result today but sounds like a step forward after the low of Wednesday (or more precisely the second half on Wednesday).

Max is special. He has the wow factor AND he loves Grimsby Town. I have been watching Max since a pre-season friendly 4 seasons ago and I could see his potential then. He is very exciting.  We have to be positive and I say now that AL could be the man to take us forward.

Bring on the Chelts

Rarghhhhhhhhh

UTM

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
AussieMariner
November 23, 2019, 6:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from wuffing

Max is special. He has the wow factor AND he loves Grimsby Town. I have been watching Max since a pre-season friendly 4 seasons ago and I could see his potential then. He is very exciting.  We have to be positive and I say now that AL could be the man to take us forward.

Bring on the Chelts

Rarghhhhhhhhh

UTM
Couldn’t agree more
When he made his debut at Notts County coming on as a sub at half time he just looked like a proper footballer - a class above. Just the way he held himself and ran at them with intent.
Then when he came on at Chelsea he was the one player that didn’t look out of his depth.
If he can stand up to the physical challenges of the league 2 cloggers he will go on and do well at a higher level.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
PB
November 23, 2019, 6:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +256
Gold Stars: 3
For me only Hanson and Macca can hold their heads up. The rest were very very ordinary. Green and Hewitt going for the wooden spoon. For the first 15 minutes I thought we were in for a treat, but the wheels came off after such an excellent start. Great support from the 597, and a strange ref who blew his whistle for nothing and then let clear fouls go unpunished.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
Swansea_Mariner
November 23, 2019, 6:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Bolland picked out Hess and Clifton as his pick of the bunch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...from the kitchen

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.