1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Mayaman
November 21, 2019, 2:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
I've been a town fan 42 years and I know that isn't gonna change before I shuffle off my mortal coil. I know we're all frustrated with recent events (and years) but let's get behind the lads this weekend.  There's is talent in the team as well as guts and we've found ourselves at another crossroads and, in my opinion, choices are good. let's hope the board make the right decision but in the meantime. let's take the effing game to our opposition on and off the pitch.  UTM!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
LondonMariner43
November 21, 2019, 3:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
Couldn't agree more!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
jimgtfc
November 21, 2019, 3:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Spot on! Could do with an old fashioned Blundell Park atmosphere for the next couple of home games to lift the players. The pontoon has been as poor as the team this past couple of months.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
moosey_club
November 21, 2019, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Mayaman
I've been a town fan 42 years and I know that isn't gonna change before I shuffle off my mortal coil. I know we're all frustrated with recent events (and years) but let's get behind the lads this weekend. There's is talent in the team as well as guts and we've found ourselves at another crossroads and, in my opinion, choices are good. let's hope the board make the right decision but in the meantime. let's take the effing game to our opposition on and off the pitch.  UTM!!!!

If you think i am wasting more time, effort and money traipsing off to Northampton on the back of recent performances then you are really talking cobblers.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Northbank Mariner
November 21, 2019, 5:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Think I said on last night's thread, had I not bought my tickets for Saturday already, after last nights showing,  I'd be staying at home and drying my hair...and I'm as bald as a badgers ar$e!!..
Worries me how far the crowd numbers could drop this year...
Without wanting to slam JSF or AL we need change rapidly otherwise we'll be at BP with crowds dropping consistently below 2500...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Rik e B
November 21, 2019, 7:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Well said!

Already got my Northampton tickets before last night's abomination so will be there backing the boys. Might have thought twice after watching that, but for those who do go we must try gee the boys up.

Its my young lads first away day this season so I hope it doesn't turn vitriolic and nasty giving them lasting negative memories.

So the players better roll up their sleeves, wear the shirt with pride and not roll over and give up!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2019, 1:26am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rik e B
Well said!

Already got my Northampton tickets before last night's abomination so will be there backing the boys. Might have thought twice after watching that, but for those who do go we must try gee the boys up.

Its my young lads first away day this season so I hope it doesn't turn vitriolic and nasty giving them lasting negative memories.

So the players better roll up their sleeves, wear the shirt with pride and not roll over and give up!

Don't worry. We'll win. He'll have a great time with his dad. He'll go home happy and hooked. And be set for a life of football misery.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Rik e B
November 22, 2019, 2:46am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
😂😂😂 Win the battle but lose the war you might call that!

They town fans already just as first away day for a while (think last they attended was Harrogate away and we visited Mother Shiptons cave to make a day of it) want it to be a happy experience.

Was (perhaps foolishly) hoping it'd be rocking with new manager bounce but I'm a bit fearful now... 😬
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › UTM

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.