This thread currently has 5,975 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
November 21, 2019, 10:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Probably similar to why Hurst left, if not the promises broken. More the realise he flogging a dead horse dealing with this Board and so began looking to get out of, if not a sinking, a leaky ship.

It's got back to the player's, who extremely disgruntled after being sold a vision of 'we going for it'.

There probably been a bust-up, different factions some more with the manager some displaying open mutiny.

Add to that a general unhappiness at the chopping and changing and over-the-top tactical sessions which keep changing for each opponent so the player's heads are well and truly bamboozled and you got a recipe for disaster.

Limbrick probably disciplinarian behind Jolley and so the mutinous crew still got beef with him and still got their strop on.

A mate of mine is angered with the player's having too much power and/or being stroppy and blames them partly for Jolley's departure like what happened with Bignot. I'd say the players can't be sacked the same way and we quickly need an entirely new team in to galvanise the squad and bring everybody back singing from the same hymn sheet.

There may have been a fallout amongst the players though over all this, I hope not as shipping out a certain section not an easy task and they all stuck with one another.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
lew chaterleys lover
November 21, 2019, 10:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Rik e B
Probably similar to why Hurst left, if not the promises broken. More the realise he flogging a dead horse dealing with this Board and so began looking to get out of, if not a sinking, a leaky ship.

It's got back to the player's, who extremely disgruntled after being sold a vision of 'we going for it'.

There probably been a bust-up, different factions some more with the manager some displaying open mutiny.

Add to that a general unhappiness at the chopping and changing and over-the-top tactical sessions which keep changing for each opponent so the player's heads are well and truly bamboozled and you got a recipe for disaster.

Limbrick probably disciplinarian behind Jolley and so the mutinous crew still got beef with him and still got their strop on.

A mate of mine is angered with the player's having too much power and/or being stroppy and blames them partly for Jolley's departure like what happened with Bignot. I'd say the players can't be sacked the same way and we quickly need an entirely new team in to galvanise the squad and bring everybody back singing from the same hymn sheet.

There may have been a fallout amongst the players though over all this, I hope not as shipping out a certain section not an easy task and they all stuck with one another.

Yes that is the sort of scenario I mean. The club is shockingly run, and it seems only a matter of time before it affects new managers and players..

We are only speculating of course, and it may be that the manager was sacked/resigned due to his bad language and results, but this has been coming for a couple of months.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
November 22, 2019, 8:43am
Guest User
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
My theory is that we’ve fallen away since Max got injured.

Absolute rubbish!  He has played in 12 games this season, 8 as sub, scored one goal, he is a good impact sub at the end of the game when defenders are tired but to say that the whole team performance revolves around him being fit and playing is as I stated earlier, absolute rubbish!

Reply: 32 - 33
Croxton
November 22, 2019, 10:03am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from 123614

Absolute rubbish!  He has played in 12 games this season, 8 as sub, scored one goal, he is a good impact sub at the end of the game when defenders are tired but to say that the whole team performance revolves around him being fit and playing is as I stated earlier, absolute rubbish!

Roast did not say that the whole team performance revolves around Max. In talking about Max being an impact sub you endorse MJ's view. I believe that his injury and Vernam's loan severely restricted our options in being able to start games on the front foot.

Of course, there are many factors, known and unknown which are behind such a dramatic fall in performance. The players have not seemed as 'together' in recent games, MJ' s references to 'things not going for us', tetchy interviews and high wage players not producing can all affect the previous more positive vibe. Ultimately, you need the manager to set the tone and demonstrate key leadership skills. He could not handle it when the chips were down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › last night - a different view

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.