Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 423 Guests

Chris Hargreaves

This thread currently has 12,652 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
November 25, 2019, 4:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from rancido
I don't think all that is necessarily the case but I think he does need to pay a decent amount for a good manager. Balancing the books, at this level of football, is always going to be difficult but I think that money spent on a decent manager is the way forward. A good manager can get the best out of of his squad, even if some of them are mediocre. A good, expensive player is ok but the expression "how can I soar like an Eagle when I'm surrounded by Turkeys" springs to mind. Hopefully, if the takeover goes through, we will have a new owner who can have a totally different approach to the way forward.

Don't think many will disagree that a good manager is worth what he costs - the rewards for success in football are large. But can JF recognize one?
Reply: 60 - 61
KingstonMariner
November 25, 2019, 5:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer
At the moment the club is worth minus £2million. If a new buyer comes in he will have to pay £2million for aclub worth minus £2million. When the club get the money they will pay off the debt to JSF so the club is worth nothing with no debt. So the new buyer ends up paying £2million for nothing. The club needs new players etc so the new owner lends the club  £2million as a benign loan. The club is now £2million in debt and the new owner has laid out £4million for the privilege . There must be a lot of prospective owners out there-surely we can get one

On paper the club is minus c £1m. £1.6m owed to JSF and the ground is worth an estimated £700k if I remember correctly, though that valuation was a few years ago. Don’t think there is much significant debt other than Fenty’s loan. We might even have more cash than other debts.

So maybe £3m to buyout.

Currently trading profitably, so not such a grim prospect. C£2-300k each of the last 3 years. Be a decade before you could recoup the £3m in its entirety, but as long as you can service the debt that’s not a tall order.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chris Hargreaves

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.