7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
November 21, 2019, 12:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Anyone listened to Undr The Cosh with Jon Parkin?

Great podcast and they had Holloway on last week who is inspirational. His take on the Oyston's at Blackpool was very interesting.

Listening this morning to Aaron Wilbraham who is still playing for Rochdale at 40. He was raving about Martin Allen, Ian Holloway, Steve Cotterill and Tony Pulis. Appreciate most of them are out of our league but he said their man management was brilliant, Cotterill especially.

Each of them were scary figures who players were scared of upsetting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 21, 2019, 12:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from speedy

do you...?

I think it takes a bottle or two

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 21, 2019, 12:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Does he have a UEFA Licence to teach tip tap bash?

Chris was a good lad as a player and he’d the nerve and the nous to leave the club when he thought there was more chance of a career elsewhere. He doesn’t have much managerial experience though, less than Limbrick probably but he is a strong character.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
FishOutOfWater
November 21, 2019, 1:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Would he tempted by a portakabin when he's known more for being a caravan enthusiast?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 61
OllieGTFC
November 21, 2019, 1:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Let’s be honest at least this bloke knows the club and the area

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
buckstown
November 21, 2019, 1:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
Gracious me, his record at Torquay makes our last 3 managers seem a great success
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
RichMariner
November 21, 2019, 1:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
Wilkie was a local lad who knew the club, etc, but was awful for us in caretaker charge after Slade left.

I'm remaining open-minded about all managerial candidates because, when all's said and done (to use a JSF phrase) I have no influence over who the board appoints.

Why wouldn't you interview Chris Hargreaves? He's a candidate worth looking into, for sure.

Of all the *realistic* potential appointments we could make, I'd like to think that we've interviewed Harry Kewell too. When you're in a rut like we are right now, all you want is for someone to come in, steady the ship, get us playing better football and aim to finish in the top half.

Something he did with Crawley on a limited budget. I don't think we'll all agree on who will be appointed in the end, but Kewell would be my choice right now.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
forza ivano
November 21, 2019, 4:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from RichMariner
Wilkie was a local lad who knew the club, etc, but was awful for us in caretaker charge after Slade left.

I'm remaining open-minded about all managerial candidates because, when all's said and done (to use a JSF phrase) I have no influence over who the board appoints.

Why wouldn't you interview Chris Hargreaves? He's a candidate worth looking into, for sure.

Of all the *realistic* potential appointments we could make, I'd like to think that we've interviewed Harry Kewell too. When you're in a rut like we are right now, all you want is for someone to come in, steady the ship, get us playing better football and aim to finish in the top half.

Something he did with Crawley on a limited budget. I don't think we'll all agree on who will be appointed in the end, but Kewell would be my choice right now.

because he hasn't been a manger for 4+ years and doesn't seem to have had a job in football for the last couple of years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
ex-merseymariner
November 21, 2019, 4:13pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from forza ivano

because he hasn't been a manger for 4+ years and doesn't seem to have had a job in football for the last couple of years

apart from his job at Bristol Rovers?????

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
marinerdazza
November 21, 2019, 4:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from cannylad68
The one local lad that was doing a good job, and was offered the job, was John Cockerill.

He had the guts to turn down the job, because the board refused to release sufficient funds.

Where have I heard that before?

It's probably my memory but I always thought that Cockerill wasn't offered the job as they wanted someone with a higher profile.

Agree that it was likely a big missed opportunity however it played out. Hoped for a similar bounce yesterday.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chris Hargreaves

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.