3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
denni266
November 21, 2019, 7:02am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
I have been watching town for 55 years , and just when you think it cannot get any worse BANG, We had a better team when we was out of the league , i swear down there are better players stood watching from the stands that go out on a sunday morning for a game with there mates.  shame on the players  and limpbrick for that show last night. you should hide your faces when you pick up your wages
Logged Offline
Private Message
Ashby mariner
November 21, 2019, 7:10am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +447
Gold Stars: 7
If we could I would keep Macca and Max and get rid of the rest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
buckstown
November 21, 2019, 7:30am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,122
Gold Stars: 77
Look on the bright side, it's much easier doing the POM. Just tick nil for us and work out how many they're going to score
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Mendonca1995
November 21, 2019, 8:05am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Ashby mariner
If we could I would keep Macca and Max and get rid of the rest.

So you would ditch Hess pollock Hanson then

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
golfer
November 21, 2019, 9:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
What- even Cardwell ?   There's a good player in there-somewhere-somewhere-somewhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
Mallyner
November 21, 2019, 9:43am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
I don't think we can fault the effort last night; the defensive side was good until Podge scored and then we had to throw caution to the wind, leading to Newport's second goal.

What is lacking though in general is the skill and vision to make a telling pass on the ground; and some pace down the flanks.

There have been many occasions in the past, when the bench had a few players we could bring on to change a game; and others when there were just average midfielders, defenders and a keeper. Last night apart from possibly Harry, there was nobody on the bench that could change anything. Perhaps 1 or 2 of them though should have started.

Ahkeem has pace and needs clever through balls on the ground, not up in the air;
similar to the one that played him though, although sometimes his ball control is not the best.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
Ashby mariner
November 21, 2019, 9:55am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +447
Gold Stars: 7
Would hess pollock and Hanson get in a top 5 team in this league?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
tashee69
November 21, 2019, 10:07am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +965
Gold Stars: 23

Think Hess would, as for Pollock, he’s clearly one for the future. Not every youngster is going to be an instant success, you have to give them time to improve and learn.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
golfer
November 21, 2019, 10:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
Doubt it-I think only Macca would-but it's not just about individual players,at our level it's team work and planning. Need a strong man at the helm. If he was 15 years younger I would ask our Alan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
arryarryarry
November 21, 2019, 10:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Mallyner
I don't think we can fault the effort last night; the defensive side was good until Podge scored and then we had to throw caution to the wind, leading to Newport's second goal.

What is lacking though in general is the skill and vision to make a telling pass on the ground; and some pace down the flanks.

There have been many occasions in the past, when the bench had a few players we could bring on to change a game; and others when there were just average midfielders, defenders and a keeper. Last night apart from possibly Harry, there was nobody on the bench that could change anything. Perhaps 1 or 2 of them though should have started.

Ahkeem has pace and needs clever through balls on the ground, not up in the air;
similar to the one that played him though, although sometimes his ball control is not the best.

Did we?

All I can remember is hopeless ball pumped up the field to no one in particular.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
Abdul19
November 21, 2019, 10:11am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Top 5 🤔

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
lew chaterleys lover
November 21, 2019, 10:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231

No.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 21, 2019, 10:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Quoted from Mallyner

Well Mally, I watched this game on the box and in 90 minutes we never looked likely to make a consistent attacking threat even when we "went for it" at 0-1. Like you I would not fault most of them for effort, at least that part of effort that means just running about a lot.

The after match briefing though was embarrassingly optimistic. That performance might have satisfied a manager at Woking against a side 2 tiers higher because it was a non-league performance. A decent keeper, defenders doing OK with the very simple stuff but no plan, skill or ability to think shown anywhere in the side going forward. It was back to tip-tap bang again. Sideways, sideways, backwards, thump. At least when our side did that with Hurst everyone had a rough idea where the ball was going and what might happen in the unlikely event of us winning the aerial challenge. Last night was not the worst ever Town performance I've seen in 60 years but it was very similar.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
lew chaterleys lover
November 21, 2019, 10:55am
Whiskey Drinker

Well Mally, I watched this game on the box and in 90 minutes we never looked likely to make a consistent attacking threat even when we "went for it" at 0-1. Like you I would not fault most of them for effort, at least that part of effort that means just running about a lot.

The after match briefing though was embarrassingly optimistic. That performance might have satisfied a manager at Woking against a side 2 tiers higher because it was a non-league performance. A decent keeper, defenders doing OK with the very simple stuff but no plan, skill or ability to think shown anywhere in the side going forward. It was back to tip-tap bang again. Sideways, sideways, backwards, thump. At least when our side did that with Hurst everyone had a rough idea where the ball was going and what might happen in the unlikely event of us winning the aerial challenge. Last night was not the worst ever Town performance I've seen in 60 years but it was very similar.

I am still coming to terms with how bad it was. Newport were even worse in the first half but that is of little consolation to me.

I just cannot understand how the board have presided over this collapse.

It has been obvious for weeks there was a problem; something has gone on in the background and it looks to me whatever it was the players have given up. There was an occasion last night in the first half were a Newport forward was on the ball 5 yards outside our box who was allowed to waltz past 2 "tackles" that would have been more determined from a 5 year old.

What provision have the board made in anticipation of it going belly up? All the pointers were there - a manager flailing around with different teams and formations every week, tetchy in his interviews and players underperforming massively.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to wake up and appoint a manager before we are dragged right into a relegation dogfight.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
carrot top
November 21, 2019, 10:59am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +811
Gold Stars: 2

I am still coming to terms with how bad it was. Newport were even worse in the first half but that is of little consolation to me.

I just cannot understand how the board have presided over this collapse.

It has been obvious for weeks there was a problem; something has gone on in the background and it looks to me whatever it was the players have given up. There was an occasion last night in the first half were a Newport forward was on the ball 5 yards outside our box who was allowed to waltz past 2 "tackles" that would have been more determined from a 5 year old.

What provision have the board made in anticipation of it going belly up? All the pointers were there - a manager flailing around with different teams and formations every week, tetchy in his interviews and players underperforming massively.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to wake up and appoint a manager before we are dragged right into a relegation dogfight.

We are already in one!

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
lew chaterleys lover
November 21, 2019, 11:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from carrot top

We are already in one!

Fair point. You would think the board would be more proactive with relegation dogfights being their only specialty.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
friskneymariner
November 21, 2019, 11:07am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
I have been saying for years this is a club heading towards entropy,well terminal entropy has been reached.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
pen penfras
November 21, 2019, 11:19am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -140
Gold Stars: 71

Fair point. You would think the board would be more proactive with relegation dogfights being their only specialty.

Jesus wept, give it a rest. I know things were pretty bad last night and have been looking that way for a few games, but they literally can't win.

- Posters on here moaning about Jolley saying time is up and he needs to go - Jolley goes.
- Uproar on here that Jolley gets 'sacked' and everybody saying the board acted too soon.
- Tape gets released... That must be the board, because of course they want their dirty laundry airing in public just to justify why Jolley left.
- Bad performance in first game without a manager and of course this is all the board's fault.

6 games ago we had a little blip in what looked like a decent looking side. I know it's great to be captain hindsight and claim all of this was obvious, but it wasn't. Teams have blips all the time.

Other things to come out this week:
- The budget isn't anywhere near as bad as what most on here have been claiming. Certainly not bottom of the league and miles behind everybody else.
- The budget can't really be increased without somebody buying more shares.

What do you want them to do? They're trying to make amends for past mistakes with better PR and being more open to questions with a less defensive stance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
lew chaterleys lover
November 21, 2019, 11:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

Jesus wept, give it a rest. I know things were pretty bad last night and have been looking that way for a few games, but they literally can't win.

- Posters on here moaning about Jolley saying time is up and he needs to go - Jolley goes.
- Uproar on here that Jolley gets 'sacked' and everybody saying the board acted too soon.
- Tape gets released... That must be the board, because of course they want their dirty laundry airing in public just to justify why Jolley left.
- Bad performance in first game without a manager and of course this is all the board's fault.

6 games ago we had a little blip in what looked like a decent looking side. I know it's great to be captain hindsight and claim all of this was obvious, but it wasn't. Teams have blips all the time.

- The budget isn't anywhere near as bad as what most on here have been claiming. Certainly not bottom of the league and miles behind everybody else.

What do you want them to do? They're trying to make amends for past mistakes with better PR and being more open to questions with a less defensive stance.

The "board" have been absolutely pathetic in their lamentable attempts to run a football club, whether you like it or not. All the evidence is there for the whole world to see.

Until they go, we will always be stuck in the doldrums. This is just the latest setback in a whole series of setbacks.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
Malta_Mariner_90
November 21, 2019, 12:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from pen penfras

Whether you like it or not the board are ultimately responsible for what happened last night. They hired Jolley and his merry men in the first place, they sanctioned the signing of the players (there have been many worse over the years). While I do not expect (nor would I ever) the board to have any kind of say in footballing decisions once a manger is appointed they surely must ask the basics questions before this appointment of "how do you like your sides to play?", "do you prefer to play attacking football?".

For me it should be made clear from the offset that there are certain expectations at this club which are required to be met if you ever want to be a real success here.

Or perhaps the board do not consider such matters important at all? Which would sum up their footballing acumen. Get a manager who plays attacking exciting football watch the crowds rise, the income flow in and that loan get repaid.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
Gaffer58
November 21, 2019, 12:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,035
Gold Stars: 31
Their first goal last night came from one of our corners, out of interest did they leave a man up, or did they just break at speed, because on last nights showing they left our men in their wake, it was as if they we were running in treacle. Also in one of their previous attacks Hewitt did his best not to tackle or track back, even though he tried to give the impression he was making an effort.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
carrot top
November 21, 2019, 12:45pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +811
Gold Stars: 2
Gibson headed it straight back to one of their players when they broke

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
grimsby pete
November 21, 2019, 12:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Well we are out so no signings in Jan unless we can get rid of some,

Some hope  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 21, 2019, 12:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Quoted from pen penfras

They have one important job and only one - to appoint a manager who will bring some success to the club. They must do their homework, ask the right questions and pay the right money. If they do that one thing that they have singularly failed to do for so long it must now be a running joke in pro football circles, all the rest will fall into place. Otherwise they are just bailing out the Titanic with an eggcup.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
denni266
November 21, 2019, 12:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
We wont get anywhere while our non chairman is taking 200 grand back a year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
forza ivano
November 21, 2019, 4:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,141
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from arryarryarry

Did we?

All I can remember is hopeless ball pumped up the field to no one in particular.

i think you've forgotten all those shots on target we had ..............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
arryarryarry
November 21, 2019, 4:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from forza ivano

i think you've forgotten all those shots on target we had ..............

That must have been when I popped into the kitchen for a cup of tea.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
Civvy at last
November 21, 2019, 10:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,200
Gold Stars: 131
Actually. The way the commentator described it at the beginning of the match.
‘Both teams are physical and like to move the ball forward quickly’

What a nice term for HOOOOOFF

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Utter and total crap

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.