Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Northampton (current form: WWWDW)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 140 Guests

Northampton (current form: WWWDW)

This thread currently has 3,282 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
November 21, 2019, 3:44am
Guest User
Has the makings of a bloodbath, given what I've been reading on here this morning. Very depressing...and the more so knowing that
nothing will change under Fenty. It'll be cheap options all round till he gets his money back, I fear. That includes the next manager....

I'd have a ton of respect for AL if - for Saturday's match at Northampton - he picked a spine of Macca, Waterfall, Hess & Hanson, and
picked academy kids (and Wright, if fit) for the other positions. Preferably in a 4-4-2, as that's the only shape that has worked for us in the
50 years I've been supporting Town.

One thing that struck me reading the match thread (apart from feeling the posters' pain) was the clueless reaction to going behind. We need
an outfield leader imo. From 'my' spine I'd choose Hess - but Waterfall and Hanson have the experience to draw on to handle the job, you'd think.
Making your goalkeeper captain is an admission you don't have an obvious outfield leader, I reckon. It identifies one of your team's problems.

Natural leaders are hard to pick up - every team wants them. I guess Welsh was signed with something like this in mind, but his legs had gone.
Right idea - wrong guy. I suspect a 'right guy' would cost about as much as JF takes out of the club each season, though...
somersetmariner
November 21, 2019, 4:17am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from 137
Has the makings of a bloodbath, given what I've been reading on here this morning. Very depressing...and the more so knowing that
nothing will change under Fenty. It'll be cheap options all round till he gets his money back, I fear. That includes the next manager....

I'd have a ton of respect for AL if - for Saturday's match at Northampton - he picked a spine of Macca, Waterfall, Hess & Hanson, and
picked academy kids (and Wright, if fit) for the other positions. Preferably in a 4-4-2, as that's the only shape that has worked for us in the
50 years I've been supporting Town.

One thing that struck me reading the match thread (apart from feeling the posters' pain) was the clueless reaction to going behind. We need
an outfield leader imo. From 'my' spine I'd choose Hess - but Waterfall and Hanson have the experience to draw on to handle the job, you'd think.
Making your goalkeeper captain is an admission you don't have an obvious outfield leader, I reckon. It identifies one of your team's problems.

Natural leaders are hard to pick up - every team wants them. I guess Welsh was signed with something like this in mind, but his legs had gone
Right idea - wrong guy. I suspect a 'right guy' would cost about as much as JF takes out of the club each season, though...

John Welsh couldnt organize a queue at a bus stop without getting into a fight

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
Rik e B
November 21, 2019, 4:40am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
What so playing the academy kids apart from spine of team and stripping Macca of captaincy would avoid bloodbath?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
Mariner Timsky
November 21, 2019, 6:58am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
I’d take anything less than 3-0 on that showing last night - Newport were very very poor - Northampton however are full of confidence right now and in form and could well give us a pasting on Saturday - the players need to wake up and start playing for this club and show something, anything!!

Those 93 who went last night will mostly be going to work this morning , some maybe already at work - while those players will be taking it easy having a little train and pretending to be professionals- they need to have a long hard look at themselves and start doing the job they are paid for and do the job us as fans contribute to them doing  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
lukeo
November 21, 2019, 7:00am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.08
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,292
Gold Stars: 133
I'd happily see us lose Saturday against an in form team aslong as we attempted to try play football properly and look for feet or balls intoo the channel with players their ready to run onto it etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Abdul19
November 21, 2019, 7:46am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,431
Gold Stars: 212
Why would you want a 442 when we have no wingers? (Despite the fact we were ace with that formation in 1980)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
November 21, 2019, 8:07am
Guest User
Quoted from Rik e B
What so playing the academy kids apart from spine of team and stripping Macca of captaincy would avoid bloodbath?

Bit optimistic to think that.

I'm hoping it would hurt the professional pride of the poorly-performing first team squad.
Reply: 6 - 20
November 21, 2019, 8:07am
Guest User
Quoted from Abdul19
Why would you want a 442 when we have no wingers? (Despite the fact we were ace with that formation in 1980)

In the Academy?
Reply: 7 - 20
golfer
November 21, 2019, 8:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,358
Gold Stars: 111
Towns current form--FLFLFLFDFL and on Saturday unless vast improvement another FL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Abdul19
November 21, 2019, 8:23am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,431
Gold Stars: 212
Quoted from 137

In the Academy?

Harrison Smith looks a talent in the under 13s.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Northampton (current form: WWWDW)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.