Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Limbrick bright and breezy......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 271 Guests

Limbrick bright and breezy......

This thread currently has 5,044 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
November 22, 2019, 11:05am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,954
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Rik, this statement from people frustrates me as one of the best, if not the best, wingers of modern times had less meat on his bones than a starving sparrow....Ryan Giggs!!!

If you bulk up, you get slower. Long may he continue to stay as he is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
Tommy
November 22, 2019, 11:14am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Agree with Northbank and Heisenberg.

He doesn't need to bulk up, it'd be un-natural if he did and he would lose part of the physical make-up that contributes to the player he is.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
Posh Harry
November 22, 2019, 12:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Garth
Hmm! did Gilbert and Boylen need to beef up to be the good players that they were

Diddy certainly didn’t. He was built like a barrel anyway. What a player, if only he were around now 😢
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
FishOutOfWater
November 22, 2019, 1:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Rik e B
Wright was a great outlet for us, let's not start attacking yet another first year pro for being 'too lightweight'. He'll bulk up in time, people develop at different rates.

I fully expected him to force himself into being one of the first names on the team sheet, the opposition couldn't handle him and cynically wiped him out. Its not his fault they dirty cheats!

Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Rik, this statement from people frustrates me as one of the best, if not the best, wingers of modern times had less meat on his bones than a starving sparrow....Ryan Giggs!!!

Even closer to home ( I know.... going back a while ) ..........   Paul Emson

He never really bulked out but played with plenty of desire....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 25
Stew0_0
November 22, 2019, 1:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 35
You can also name Bonetti, Gary Childs, Dave Smith, Kevin Donavan and Tony Ford among others that are slight in build and yet were effective wingers for us in the past. Theres probably many more but in my lifetime these ones stick out for me as well as Dave Gilbert, who was at the time my favourite town player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
toontown
November 22, 2019, 5:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Dave Gilbert was in no way a slightly built player!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
toontown
November 22, 2019, 5:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Dave Gilbert was in no way a slightly built player!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
TAGG
November 22, 2019, 7:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from denni266

The club seem to be very coy over Wrights injury. but to be honest i dont think he is the long term answer to anything realy.. too slight and easy to take out the game and be put back on the sick bench again

Look how we've been doing since hes ben out!!!

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
Rik e B
November 22, 2019, 8:03pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I get what you all are saying, for the record when I said bulk up I meant man up, as in grow into a more manly frame but thought 'man up' sounded wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
Northbank Mariner
November 22, 2019, 8:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Rik e B
For the record when I said bulk up I meant man up, as in grow into a more manly frame but thought it sounded wrong.

It wasn't a dig at you Rik, it's a statement I heard spouted about and annoys me...he's 21/22 and probably his natural frame is now what it'll always be...if he puts a few pounds of muscle on it'll possible be detrimental to his pace, what he needs to do is get wise to the fouls, see them before he gets clattered and that will only come with experience...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Limbrick bright and breezy......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.