3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
November 20, 2019, 10:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,933
Gold Stars: 505
Evening Fishy-friends, flipping dreadful that wasnt it. And the subsequent reaction to it from myself has convinced me i need to take some time away from things. Been suffering with mental health conditions for some time which have been getting gradually worse, one thing that keeps you going is routine- in my case- routine is Town. But recently been losing interest in that and becoming more and more erratic as we get nowhere as a club. Tonight i was embarrassed, and ashamed to support us. We were that bad, i felt a great detachment from the club. Almost pitied us and after ranting expletives at home and on social media, realising its doing me no good. Something that i love, the club, is actually a hindrance to my health. So ive decided to take some time away from the Fishy, just whilst i try and get myself back on track, will not be going to the game this weekend. Think its a sad situation when something means so much to you that it starts to add more stress to your life as it doesnt do what you want. Footballs meant to be about enjoyment and im not getting that at the moment. So hope to see you all and join in debates soon. Hopefully the club willl be in a much better place. hagrid
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rodley Mariner
November 20, 2019, 10:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,211
Gold Stars: 176
Sounds like the right move. Enjoy the break and get better soon. It is only shitty flipping football at the end of the day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
sydney
November 20, 2019, 10:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 2
Good Luck Hagrid
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Northbank Mariner
November 20, 2019, 10:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,380
Gold Stars: 170
Look after yourself H....think there could be more than would like admit feeling your pain with you, certainly after tonight's showing ..hope to see you sooner rather than later back on the fishy forum.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
ginnywings
November 20, 2019, 10:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,953
Gold Stars: 532
Get well Hagrid. Stress and depression is a ba$tard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
FishOutOfWater
November 20, 2019, 10:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.16
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
I understand where you're coming from Hagrid

We invest so much of our time and emotion in to supporting Town ( and a lot of money too )

If you're struggling with things then maybe it's a wise move to step  back for a while until hopefully things have turned around a bit for you and the club

Good luck and take care
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 27
arryarryarry
November 20, 2019, 10:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,927
Gold Stars: 112
Having a relative who suffers from depression I feel for you.

I hope you get over this and feel better soon.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
Shipwrecked In Gainsborough
November 20, 2019, 10:38pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +248
Gold Stars: 2
Dreadful times for all, difficult to see any light at  the end of this epic Fenty tunnel.  The club is in complete shambles, so sad. God knows what will happen next, but " something " NEEDS " to happen. This is an insult to the history of Grimsby Town, such a shame.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
KingstonMariner
November 20, 2019, 10:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Hagrid, you have my sympathy. Feel a bit guilty for giving you a hard time. Sorry.

It gets to us all. Have a break and come back refreshed.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
Marinerz93
November 20, 2019, 10:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Sorry to hear about your state of mind and how you are feeling Hagrid, I appreciate the way you are feeling but I would say that isolating yourself from a potential network of friends and support isn't the way to go. Sure take a back seat for a while but keep in touch either through the odd post or via pm's.

Hopefully you are being counselled, if not please consider getting some help. Often with mental health there are certain things that can trigger an issue and through support you get to spot what those triggers are and how to deal with them.

I hope you get the help you need and remember the fishy family are always here to support you, take care buddy.  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Needed Break from Fishy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.