4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
November 21, 2019, 6:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,872
Gold Stars: 227
I’m not convinced the whole side are bad it’s just that our mid field is possibly the worst I’ve seen for a long long time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
sam gy
November 21, 2019, 9:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Marinerz93

It feels like we have experienced all this before, lost 8 on the bounce and very few players to change a losing mindset.

We haven’t lost 8 on the bounce.

We’re crap, but we’re not THAT crap.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
FishOutOfWater
November 21, 2019, 9:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
I caught the beginning of the Burnsy show this morning...

As usual, he just couldn't help but have a pop at us

He was talking about the Grimsby Telegraph features today and one was about the walking football initiative to which he said he'd been watching some of that on BBC Wales last night

To be fair if he was on the Sportstalk show giving his opinion he might have had a point but so much for the "unbiased" viewpoint of RH.... this was on his daily current affairs / news phone-in show.

A low shot if you ask me - I wonder if Jolley or Fenty heard his snide comment?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 30
arryarryarry
November 21, 2019, 10:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
I caught the beginning of the Burnsy show this morning...

As usual, he just couldn't help but have a pop at us

He was talking about the Grimsby Telegraph features today and one was about the walking football initiative to which he said he'd been watching some of that on BBC Wales last night

To be fair if he was on the Sportstalk show giving his opinion he might have had a point but so much for the "unbiased" viewpoint of RH.... this was on his daily current affairs / news phone-in show.

A low shot if you ask me - I wonder if Jolley or Fenty heard his snide comment?  

What DB thinks of the game is the least of our worries.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
FishOutOfWater
November 21, 2019, 10:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from arryarryarry

What DB thinks of the game is the least of our worries.

You’re probably right Arry

On a thread entitled Embarrassing though and with the departure of Jolley seemingly stemming from RH negativity, it caught my attention that this has clearly not changed despite JF giving his best shot of an olive branch only on Monday just gone

I expect if we don’t improve out on the pitch then such sniping from the north bank will no doubt escalate
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 30
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 21, 2019, 10:53am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23

On a thread entitled embarrassing though and with the departure of Jolley seemingly stemming from RH negativity, it caught my attention that this has clearly not changed despite JF giving his best shot of an olive branch only on Monday just gone

I expect if we don’t improve out on the pitch then such sniping from the north bank will no doubt escalate

If Jolley going stemmed from RH negativity he was in the wrong job to start with, but then he always did think the media was his own personal fiefdom.

Can't stand Burnsey but I have to say, having watched last night's debacle, comparing us to walking football is almost witty for him.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
denni266
November 21, 2019, 1:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
nothing wrong with walking football, i can just about keep up with that, so long as i am only watching  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
moosey_club
November 21, 2019, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,197
Gold Stars: 224

On a thread entitled Embarrassing though and with the departure of Jolley seemingly stemming from RH negativity, it caught my attention that this has clearly not changed despite JF giving his best shot of an olive branch only on Monday just gone

would that be the olive branch offered the day after he had a swipe at them in part 1 of his video message ?  

Until JF is out of the picture there won't be any sweet relations with RH.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
jamesgtfc
November 21, 2019, 6:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
The club keep giving RH negative things to report on. We are on a negative run of form, playing a negative style of football, in a negative position in the league and finishing 1 position further up the league hardly constitutes progress, in fact it reeks of stagnation at best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
carrot top
November 21, 2019, 6:16pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Oh I wish this board would just leave and put us out of our misery

What is the point of a relegation struggle year in year out. I realise, in football, anyone can struggle from time to time but this has gone on for far too long now

It does make you wonder if it is just better to start all over again rather than to constantly put up with this

The fans quite simply deserve better. Where else would you part with hard earned money to be non entertained?

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Embarrassing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.