geir
November 20, 2019, 9:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
This was recently published in the website "fotbollskanalen.se" :

AFC Eskilstuna's former coach Michael Jolley was this week forced away from his assignment as head coach of the English League Two team Grimsby Town, a "Swedish club" to which both Sebastian Ring and Ludvig Öhman belong, as well as former Sirius striker Moses Ogbu.
The English newspaper Daily Mirror reported on Sunday that Jolley's dismissal came in the surge of an outrage against two local radio reporters on BBC Radio Humberside following the team's 4-0 loss in late October at home against Leyton Orient. Jolley, among other things, sweared to the journalists 58 times and told one journalist that he was a shame, based on the experience of previous interviews with the journalist. The conversation was captured on film and thus Jolley ended up in windy weather.
Grimsby, however, did not, at the announcement of Jolley's departure go into that subject, only pointing to poor results, as Grimsby is in 18th place in the English fourth tier.
Sebastian Ring does not know if the attention-grabbing conversation is the reason Jolley is being forced out of the club.
- No, not actually. I have no inside information regarding that , he tells the Football Channel.
How's his temper?
- It`s like with all coaches. Everyone has temperament and such and sometimes we were told off in the dressing room and such when we had not played so well, but it was the reversed in other ways when we played well, he says.
Have you gotten any "hair dryer" treatment?
- No, actually not, at least not by what I remember.
Ring has during the beginning of the season not been given much playing time. The back left Örebro SK for games in Grimsby in January and during the last season was a regular with 15 league matches, but this year has only been listed for three games and has since the end of August been outside the team's match squad in the league.
- I got to play a lot last season and maybe it went a little too fast, given that I got into it without any preseason or so. On the whole, though, I'm pretty happy with that season, but I feel like I demand a little more of myself. I came without a preseason and such, so it was pretty tough. I did good games, but maybe also games with less good effort and then I trained well during the vacation this summer, he says and continues:
- I think I'm in better shape now than I was in January, so I think my form is better now than it was last season when I arrived. I have no answer as to why I didn't get so many chances. I have played a number of matches and think it went well when I got to play and they have said that too. I know they think I might get a little better in some defensive situations, but at the same time they think I have technical qualities that no one else has here. It's a little hard to know why you don't get more chances.
Is it frustrating?
- Yes of course. Everyone wants to play, especially when moving here for football. It is clear that you want to play.
Ring has a contract until the summer of 2020 and is not currently considering a move.
- I have seven months left on the contract, but it is always so that if you are not allowed to play, then you look at other alternatives, but right now I am here and now and I concentrate on doing my best. I always give a hundred percent.
In addition, the 24-year-old can now get another chance when a new coach comes in.
- We will see who comes in, but it will be the assistant who takes over now in the beginning. Then he has to put his mark on the team and everyone may well start over, while at the same time he knows us from before. He may want to change something in the game and such and we will see how he chooses to shape the team.
At the same time, Ring is also pleased with the big brother Jonathan Ring, who this year led Djurgården to the league title in Sweden.
- It's really fun. He has done a top season, so it is really fun for him to have won a title again with Djurgården. Now he has two titles in two seasons. It's really fun and he's really deserved all the success.
Is he coming to Grimsby now or is he staying?
- Haha, I have not heard that he has any plans, but of course it would have been fun to play together in the future, he says.
- No, but he probably want to stay. He likes it there, he continues.

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
November 20, 2019, 10:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Cheers Geir.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
toontown
November 20, 2019, 10:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
We'll spotted geir. I have heard ring is looking to leave, unsurprisingly. For me he isn't good enough to be first choice full back at this level but would be adequate as back up. He can't play wing back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
arryarryarry
November 20, 2019, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from toontown
We'll spotted geir. I have heard ring is looking to leave, unsurprisingly. For me he isn't good enough to be first choice full back at this level but would be adequate as back up. He can't play wing back

We could have played him up front tonight, he couldn't have done any worse.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
Rik e B
November 21, 2019, 2:13am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Interview best read with a Swedish accent 😂

Good stuff though 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › From Swedish media - interview  with Rin

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.