1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
forza ivano
November 20, 2019, 3:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Found this (probable) fight of the year, via a preview in Boxing News. Its on iplayer, via BBC Scotland and it's an absolute belter with a real twist at the end. Both unbeaten , world class , young Scots who are friends out of the ring and , very unusually, put their unbeaten records on the line very early. One has the Commonwealth belt, the other the British title and both were outstanding amateurs. Was very impressed with farooq, who's my type of boxer

if you've got any interest in boxing, treat yourself to 40 minutes of a classic fight (and please don't reveal the result!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
cmackenzie4
November 23, 2019, 10:15am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Good fight that, I can remember when I used to be as fit as them lads   I boxed for 20 years and competed all over the region (in the 90’s) we’ve had some good talent come out of Grimsby over the years, my old coach/corner man Dave Raworth had over 130 fights, he’s still training now in his 70’s.

Thanks for posting that 👍

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
forza ivano
November 24, 2019, 12:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Good fight that, I can remember when I used to be as fit as them lads   I boxed for 20 years and competed all over the region (in the 90’s) we’ve had some good talent come out of Grimsby over the years, my old coach/corner man Dave Raworth had over 130 fights, he’s still training now in his 70’s.

Thanks for posting that 👍

No problem. Ae someone said on the boxing forums I'd be quite happy just watching British title fights ,usually top quality with a bit of edge and plenty of effort
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Boxing fans - Farooq v MacGregor

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.