3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
November 19, 2019, 7:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Just watched his first interview on ifollow.
Certainly comes across as a really positive guy and seems to have a grasp on what's gone wrong recently which begs the question...
How much input did he have in team tactics and set up?...
If he gets us playing the way we started out there's no reason why we can't climb the table again...
Plus, you have to watch how hard he tries not to smile in the first couple of minutes of the interview, almost appears that he's happy to have been given the chance to take us on as manager ..
Good luck to AL, BD and DM for tomorrow, let's forget the past and look to the future now...
What's gone gas gone, best to let sleeping dogs lie imo now..
Logged Offline
Private Message
bedders78
November 19, 2019, 10:00am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 12
The language though!

"I see the usual girl private and male masturbators have turned up to see if I intercourse it before I've even flipping started!"

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
November 19, 2019, 10:07am
Guest User
From the OS:

Grimsby Town interim manager Anthony Limbrick is determined to put his ‘stamp on things,’ and get results in his new role as caretaker boss at Blundell Park.

The 36-year-old was made interim manager after Michael Jolley left by mutual consent on Friday.

And Limbrick – who admitted it has been a difficult week for himself, the staff and players – is determined to get positive results, starting with Newport County in the Emirates FA Cup at Rodney Parade on Wednesday (7.45pm).

Speaking on iFollow Mariners, he said: “It’s been a difficult week for the players and the staff.

“I’m someone who the previous manager, Michael Jolley, brought in so it was a difficult time – I have no problem with coming out and saying that.

“It was a shock to everyone – we didn’t expect to be in this position coming into work this week, looking forward to the Newport game, so it was difficult.

“The players were disappointed when they found out the news but they are professionals, and they’re a good group of players and lads as well.

“They were upset, but really determined to do well and to get better, improve, and get the results back on track as well.

“There haven’t been any problems in terms of that today – we had a really good session this morning preparing for the Newport game.

“It was hard but in football it moves very quickly and I find myself in this position now and I want to do my best by the club and the team.

“I’m really determined to put my stamp on things and make sure we’re ready for the game at Newport on Wednesday.”

The Australian hopes Town can play the way they did during the successful start to the 2019-20 season.

He said: “We’ve got to concentrate on the task at hand and make sure we try and improve the bits that we need improvement on.

“I’ve got my own ideas on what we need to get better at, and we’ve tried to implement them today already in training.

“And just probably getting back to the basics of what got us success earlier at the start of the season.

“That means working hard, getting after the ball, being a threat, and putting other teams on the back foot as opposed to us being on the back foot.

“Earlier in the season we were passing the ball, getting it wide, getting crosses in the box, and really being a threat and aggressive, and taking the game to other teams.

“So we really want to try and get back to that and do those things, and I think if we can find those basics, and some consistency in our performances, then we’ll be able to get that level again.

“So a little bit more positivity in the way that we perform, train, and work every day, and we’ve looked to start with that today and hopefully we can carry that on.”

And Limbrick emphasised the importance of having Ben Davies and Dave Moore helping him out.

He said: “It was really important appointment to get Ben Davies in – he’s already played at Grimsby Town and played at a really good level, and he’s had a great career.

“I’ve seen him coaching the academy as well – he’s a really good coach, he’s just got his UEFA A Licence.

“And he knows the town and the place, and I think that was really important so he’s on the grass with me today coaching and working with the players – we’re taking things together.

“And the help of Dave Moore as well has been great for me so far – a lot of experience and a lot games, in a lot of different roles, under his belt, and he’s really helped.

“So those two along with the staff of Sam Russell and Greg Howard – we’ve got a good blend here in the short term to try and get some results.”

Reply: 2 - 24
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 19, 2019, 10:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegra.....9limbrick_001JPG.jpg

Are they related or just have the same barber?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
Mayaman
November 19, 2019, 10:34am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,386
Gold Stars: 73
Trying not to smile eh?  A bit like Lyndon B Johnson while he was getting sworn in after the assassination of JFK.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
grimsby pete
November 19, 2019, 10:39am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Lets all get behind him and hope he brings the success we all crave for.

He and Ben could turn out to be a good team lets hope so.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
Gaffer58
November 19, 2019, 11:44am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
I think the most important information we require from the training ground this morning is, was Dave Moore still only wearing shorts and a tee shirt?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
Tommy
November 19, 2019, 12:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Not watched the interview but read it on the Telegraph website. AL makes a point of saying we need to be more positive, which is encouraging. Hope he can bring it out in the team on the pitch.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 19, 2019, 12:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Just reading the transcript there, he says all the right things we want to hear about the way the side played earlier, the positive in-your-face attitude, ball out wide and crosses ....... the things people have been saying on here for weeks. All managers talk the talk, we’ve just had one, the proof of the pudding and all that but let’s be fair and see if he and Davies can pull things round. I don’t care whose name is on the manager’s door as long as we are going onwards and upwards.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
Mariner93er
November 19, 2019, 2:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
Interestingly, he's arguably had more success than Jolley as a manager when his Woking team played really attractive football. Obviously that fell apart when they lost all their best players, but there were signs that he was capable of setting up a good attacking team. He's had more experience since then too, so who knows, he could turn out to be great, get the job full time and be a hero. I hope so.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
Ipswin
November 19, 2019, 4:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Whats 'flipping' in Welsh in case Limbrick feels the need to continue the somewhat unconventional GTFC manager approach with Radio Wales or the Newport Telewag after the defeat on Wednesday

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2019, 4:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Ipswin
Whats 'flipping' in Welsh in case Limbrick feels the need to continue the somewhat unconventional GTFC manager approach with Radio Wales or the Newport Telewag after the defeat on Wednesday

ffycin.......apparently
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
Rik e B
November 19, 2019, 5:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
[img]https://i.imgur.com/yrQ2UVt.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
Fishy clapper
November 19, 2019, 5:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Ipswin

Ewe sheep
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
golfer
November 19, 2019, 6:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Ipswin

FFLIPIO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
Northbank Mariner
November 19, 2019, 6:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from golfer

FFLIPIO

That's Italian you daft sod!!😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
golfer
November 19, 2019, 6:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

That's Italian you daft sod!!😂😂

You're getting mixed up with Philatio-he was Italian you daft sod.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 19, 2019, 6:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Ipswin

It'll be along the lines of ceri gravi

Boyo

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
arryarryarry
November 19, 2019, 7:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Fishy clapper

Ewe sheep

Who are ewe calling a sheep?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
moosey_club
November 19, 2019, 9:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Just watched his first interview on ifollow.
Certainly comes across as a really positive guy and seems to have a grasp on what's gone wrong recently which begs the question...
How much input did he have in team tactics and set up?...
If he gets us playing the way we started out there's no reason why we can't climb the table again...
Plus, you have to watch how hard he tries not to smile in the first couple of minutes of the interview, almost appears that he's happy to have been given the chance to take us on as manager ..
Good luck to AL, BD and DM for tomorrow, let's forget the past and look to the future now...
What's gone gas gone, best to let sleeping dogs lie imo now..

Are you thinking what i am thinking ??? .........

Limbrick owns a tape recorder !!!!!!!!!  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
sydney
November 19, 2019, 9:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Hope he does better than Wilko did
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
Rik e B
November 19, 2019, 10:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
[img]https://i.imgur.com/QEEAvn8.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
Northbank Mariner
November 19, 2019, 10:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from golfer

That's a bit of a mouthful if you ask me🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
Alfie
November 20, 2019, 5:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from Rik e B
[img]https://i.imgur.com/QEEAvn8.jpg[/img]

Very funny
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
AussieMariner
November 20, 2019, 5:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from golfer

What’s stamp collecting got to do with it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Limbrick pre-match press interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.