Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Wednesday?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 208 Guests

Team for Wednesday?

This thread currently has 6,150 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantley
November 19, 2019, 12:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Baptism of fire trying to play football on Newport’s bog.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
Mayaman
November 19, 2019, 4:38am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,393
Gold Stars: 73
Hope Wright is back.  We went dowhill the moment he got injured.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
jimgtfc
November 19, 2019, 7:48am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from smokey111
Just would like to see intent and positivity. Get on the front foot and try to dominate possession early and set the tone for the rest of the game. If organised and utilised properly there are plenty of dangerous attacking players in the squad.

If I was you I’d give Wednesday night a miss then mate. Probably try watching Liverpool or City at the weekend instead.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
Maringer
November 19, 2019, 8:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,407
Gold Stars: 184
Let's face it, we'd all take a streaky win on penalties given the chance. Expecting much different from Limbrick this close to the departure of Jolley is the same as expecting much different from Wilko following Slade's exit the other year.

In a couple of weeks we might see something different but they'll have to work on any different patterns in training rather than just making an instant change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
Son of Cod
November 19, 2019, 1:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
I might get laughed out of the thread here, but I've been saying for some time I'd like to see Hewitt on the right wing in a 4-4-2. Wright can do a job on the left, even though it's not his natural/preferred side. Ideally would want Hendrie at RB if we're experimenting like this, but whatever...

McKeown
Davis--Pollock--Waterfall--Gibson
Hewitt--Robson--Hessenthaler--Wright
Green--Hanson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
Malta_Mariner_90
November 19, 2019, 1:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from smokey111
Pre and post match interviews will be fascinating.

Plus we need wingers asap!!!!!

I believe even Fenty said in the first interview that we need more width.

Makes you wonder if most of us could see it along with Fenty (who of course could not mention team selections as not wanting to appear to be interfering - pre Jolley departure at least) why on earth did Jolley not?

We have to get at least 2 wide players in January IMO, we have one very talented player in Max Wright who hopefully will now be given the true freedom a winger needs to flourish.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
Tommy
November 19, 2019, 2:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Son of Cod
I might get laughed out of the thread here, but I've been saying for some time I'd like to see Hewitt on the right wing in a 4-4-2. Wright can do a job on the left, even though it's not his natural/preferred side. Ideally would want Hendrie at RB if we're experimenting like this, but whatever...

McKeown
Davis--Pollock--Waterfall--Gibson
Hewitt--Robson--Hessenthaler--Wright
Green--Hanson

I thought we wanted to stop putting square pegs in round holes?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
Son of Cod
November 19, 2019, 3:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Tommy

Who else would you play at RB given that the whole point of my post was suggesting giving Hewitt a go on the right side of a 4 man midfield?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2019, 3:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Tommy

Tell the previous manager that we needed some wingers then!
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
Tommy
November 19, 2019, 7:45pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Son of Cod

Who else would you play at RB given that the whole point of my post was suggesting giving Hewitt a go on the right side of a 4 man midfield?

I just wouldn't play Hewitt anywhere other than RB, as that's where he looks at least half-decent. I can understand the temptation to try him there because he delivers a good ball into the box. But it's an entirely different proposition receiving the ball higher up the pitch under pressure and trying to get a cross in. Just think his skill set is either receiving a ball set back for him to cross before the winger gets up to close him down, or joining in as an overlapping full-back to make a 2v1 and thus, again, a bit more time and space.

If it means we haven't got a right sided midfielder to play RM in a 442, then just dont play 442. We've got to use a system that allows us to get a strong XI out and then use them to the best of their abilities. So a formation to suit the players we have is vital.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Wednesday?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.