Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next Manager
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 207 Guests

Who would you like to see as next manager ?
Anthony Limbrick
Robbie Stockdale
Kevin Nolan
Paul Tisdale
Ian Holloway
Harry Kewell
A.N.Other
  View Results 226 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Next Manager

This thread currently has 16,052 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Squinter
November 19, 2019, 7:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Ipswin

I have already explained that my first choice has absolutely intercourse all to do with the fact that he has played for Town. He has managed (albeit briefly) at a club much larger and at a higher level than Town.

I will moan if another wet-behind-the ears-thinks-he-can-be-a-manager-because-he's-run-a-Sunday-morning-team, sports a collar and tie (but no razor) and talks a good CV cons Fenty again.

And after I've moaned I'll be able to say 'I told you so' again

As only 4 out of 24 managers can be classed as successfull in this league ( success being classed as promotion ) then statistically you have an 83.3% chance of being able to moan about the next manager - enjoy yourself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 81
Will Haddock
November 19, 2019, 7:50pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -32
Yep, no chance of Mourinho now!

<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 81
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 19, 2019, 7:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Dave jones and Danny Wilson spotted at the reserves game apparently.

Don't know if it's people from the music industry or football managers though

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 81
Ipswin
November 19, 2019, 8:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Squinter

As only 4 out of 24 managers can be classed as successfull in this league ( success being classed as promotion ) then statistically you have an 83.3% chance of being able to moan about the next manager - enjoy yourself.

As many have already pointed out long before you that, with the possible exception of a few non league inexperienced managers (please God not again) all the likely applicants will be out of work because they have been sacked elsewhere and if the new manager is as shite as the last few surely everyone should be moaning if they care about Town.

I am willing to give most applicants a fair go (I thought Newell was a brilliant appointment FFS) but it was clear to me from day one that, far from being the dogs balderdash many thought, Jolley was a mistake. I take no pride in it, in fact I wish Jolley had been a success for the sake of the club but he just didn't have it and that was clear to me from the outset. A brave but flawed choice.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 81
Roast Em Bobby
November 19, 2019, 9:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
I don't feel Jolley was a mistake at all, whilst improvement was not spectacular, he did leave the club in a better position than he found it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 81
promotion plaice
November 19, 2019, 9:38pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

I think it has been suggested on here previously that the decision on who we appoint as the new permanent manager should not only be down to the board but should also include people with some football nous, Buckley and Swin spring to mind.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 81
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2019, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Hopefully Anthony, Ben and Mooro achieve success in the short term. Just watched Ben’s interview and he’s such a likeable guy, you’d hate him to fail.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 81
arryarryarry
November 19, 2019, 10:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from promotion plaice

I think it has been suggested on here previously that the decision on who we appoint as the new permanent manager should not only be down to the board but should also include people with some football nous, Buckley and Swin spring to mind.

Not sure about Buckley.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 81
toontown
November 19, 2019, 10:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Ipswin

As many have already pointed out long before you that, with the possible exception of a few non league inexperienced managers (please God not again) all the likely applicants will be out of work because they have been sacked elsewhere and if the new manager is as shite as the last few surely everyone should be moaning if they care about Town.

I am willing to give most applicants a fair go (I thought Newell was a brilliant appointment FFS) but it was clear to me from day one that, far from being the dogs balderdash many thought, Jolley was a mistake. I take no pride in it, in fact I wish Jolley had been a success for the sake of the club but he just didn't have it and that was clear to me from the outset. A brave but flawed choice.

He didn't fail from the outset tho. He was successful at first in turning us around from the doomed outfit we had been under spade and wilko. No progress after that in terms of results but definitely an improved squad. Right decision to get rid now tho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 81
Stew0_0
November 20, 2019, 7:43am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 35
What would town fans think of Nathan Jones. Did a great job at Luton. Not so at Stoke though?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next Manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.