2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
pontoon442
November 17, 2019, 5:44pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
So the alleged "takeover" rumour's have been restarted, probably followed by update on "New stadium" all to distract attention from yet another mess and shambles under the leadership of John Fenty.
The club remember has now being in permanent decline since relegation from championship level in 2003, that 17 years of miserable failure.
Now Mr Fenty took over control of the club around 2002-2003 not sure actually when, but he has been in that time been responsible for 12 permanent managers, 11 of which he has dismissed and the only one to bring any sort of success during that period was Paul Hurst who left for a "smaller club" that had bigger ideas, after lack of support. So I don't think all the 11 managers were bad managers, so something else must be the problem, one thing remains the same Mr Fenty and his austerity program, so who-ever is manager No.13 they will have to deal with supporters who expect a lot better but operate on a budget not sufficient to do the job and with a smaller back room staff than some those in non-league football.
Expect a new manager soon followed by fans forum then expect to say goodbye in about 2 years time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
November 17, 2019, 5:48pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

I'm not a fan but not another Fenty bashing thread FFS.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
Rik e B
November 17, 2019, 5:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I agree pp.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
HertsGTFC
November 17, 2019, 5:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from promotion plaice

Well we’ve had the takeover thread so it’s inevitable the Fenty bashing will begin and I would expect to see something about Hurst cupping an ear before the night is out.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
Rik e B
November 17, 2019, 5:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
We all know our history under Fenty, the rumours have been starting to pop up for a while now from different sources, to suggest they just ploys from the club to build interest or deflect attention is nonsense I'm sure.

Im sure Fenty wishes the original Shutes story never came out.

I believe Fenty tries his best not to be trigger happy but like Bignot it seems something has gone off behind the scenes forcing his hand. And senior players having their say again too. Plenty of moaners wanted Jolley gone, now he's gone Fenty is moaned at for the manegerial merry-go-round.

Who'd be a football (non) chairman ey?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Ipswin
November 17, 2019, 6:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from promotion plaice

So predictable

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
dapperz fun pub
November 17, 2019, 6:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Some would say a fenty bashing thread every day of the week is justified due to nearly 2 decades of absolute dross consistently being served up throughout this time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
devs
November 17, 2019, 6:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 30
Love him or hate him (ear cupping an all - sorry!) losing Hurst was the day it all started going pear shaped again
Just promoted
8th in league
Won at Cambridge
Solid start
We had us shape
Players united behind Hurst

Hurst wanted a bit more cash for improving training facilties etc and also will you back me?
Answer was no
He left - quite rightly

Cue 3 years of blame distractions and failure

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
golfer
November 17, 2019, 7:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
We have been calling Jolly about his team selections and tactics nearly all season so now he's gone " Let's start on J.S.F. again" We've heard it all before so what good will it do.  Let's see if we can give it a rest for a while and concentrate on giving the team all the support we can.You never know we might start winning a few games now that the players have been released from their shackles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
MuddyWaters
November 17, 2019, 7:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from golfer
We have been calling Jolly about his team selections and tactics nearly all season so now he's gone " Let's start on J.S.F. again" We've heard it all before so what good will it do.  Let's see if we can give it a rest for a while and concentrate on giving the team all the support we can.You never know we might start winning a few games now that the players have been released from their shackles.

I’ll ask you again. Who appointed all these managers who you continue to slag off and who set their budgets (in accordance with raking back loans)?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
golfer
November 17, 2019, 7:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’ll ask you again. Who appointed all these managers who you continue to slag off and who set their budgets (in accordance with raking back loans)?

Hello.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Blame & Distractions & Failure

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.