Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Manager already ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 307 Guests

Manager already ?

This thread currently has 10,039 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
November 16, 2019, 7:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 3610
Choosing a manager is a lottery. Most of the time it doesn't work out.

All you can do is try to pick someone who matches your philosophy as a club. I think jolley matched that. Blooding the youth and getting involved with the community.

This match up works both ways though. And it seems our boards ambitions didn't match jolleys. I hear the final straw was the Stevenage game where fenty cancelled the players overnight hotel. Leaving three players to go down anyway and pay for themselves. Not exactly a board who are 'going for it' this year.

Therefore the next manager must be one who wants to progress youth through the club and play attractive football our fans want to see. The likes of Holloway just wouldn't put up with fentys excrement.

Tisdale would be the stand out for me. But feel he would be looking for a job higher up the league.

Ian evatt is doing wonders at Barrow on limited funds. And if he has learnt anything from his time playing under Holloway then he will progress further up the leagues.

The problem is the board. Their complete lack of any involvement of progressing the club. You can do excrement loads more to build a club than just chuck Money at it. So who bloody knows who the next manager will be. Probably be the candidate who agrees to team up with fenty and lay into the poor guy hosting the next agm.

Your last paragraph is spit on!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
gaz57
November 16, 2019, 8:57pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from golfer
Kevin Nolan -BOGOF

He's that good you want two of them  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
jonnyboy82
November 16, 2019, 9:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Please god paul tisdale.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
Rik e B
November 16, 2019, 9:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
As long as we paying Fenty back we'll have a paltry budget and anyone will do well not to struggle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
Spatchcock
November 16, 2019, 10:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
Just heard Harry Kewell being lined up. Not sure if it's true or not?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
Mariner Timsky
November 16, 2019, 10:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
I’m sure he would last what 4 months?? If that

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
RichMariner
November 16, 2019, 10:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Good to see that two managers who contributed to Notts County's relegation last season are in the running, then.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
moosey_club
November 16, 2019, 10:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from barrattstandman
Henrik Larsson anyone. Says in today's Daily Mail willing to start anywhere. Says he doesn't need to do another days work but wants to manage in England . Just missed out on the Southend job . Worth an enquiry.

Would maybe have useful contacts in the Swedish league which could be worth explori.......oh hang on.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 16, 2019, 10:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from RichMariner
Good to see that two managers who contributed to Notts County's relegation last season are in the running, then.

As I said on another thread given County had three managers in the season it’s most likely relegation was more to do with the players than their management. Kewell had a tough start at Crawley but stuck to his beliefs on how he wants the game played and they finished that season well and started the next ok hence his appointment at County.

Heard him speak on Sky’s Debate programme a few times and he comes over very well so his appointment would be ok with me.

On another point when he was at Leeds and his Mrs on Emmerdale they had a second home just outside Lincoln at Burton Waters so if they still own that may help in any possible relocation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
rancido
November 17, 2019, 1:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from barrattstandman
Henrik Larsson anyone. Says in today's Daily Mail willing to start anywhere. Says he doesn't need to do another days work but wants to manage in England . Just missed out on the Southend job . Worth an enquiry.

Maybe but I feel that highly successful and well paid players would struggle to understand the budget restraints of lower league football clubs.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Manager already ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.