This thread currently has 4,833 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
November 15, 2019, 2:10pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
This is a thread for happy memories. Highlights for me were the home win against Notts County, and strangely the defeat at Palace, so tense for 85 minutes just waiting for the inevitable goal and not daring to believe. I was so proud of the team that day how they held on for so long with 10 men.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
drbell
November 15, 2019, 2:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
As an exile, I loved the improved connection between the club, manager, fans and community. I loved seeing someone clearly intelligent responding to questions and acknowledging the good and the bad in our performances. I loved the confidence that gave me in our long term future, even if the short term was rocky. I loved the promotion of youth, and use of loans to help bring players on. I loved having a manager who's mistakes are those of inexperience, rather than incompetence or stupidity.

I never expected huge, immediate improvement, and I absolutely expected some major set backs with such an inexperienced manager, but I was enjoying the ride, and hoped to enjoy it for much longer as he, and we, improved and learned together.

Absolutely gutted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
mariner91
November 15, 2019, 2:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,254
Gold Stars: 253
Thanks for keeping us up when we looked doomed.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
gaz57
November 15, 2019, 2:28pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Thanks Micheal Jolly for turning things around, I thank you for what you have done and wish you had a little more time.
Wishing you good look for the future unless you play against us of course.  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 32
forza ivano
November 15, 2019, 2:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from drbell
As an exile, I loved the improved connection between the club, manager, fans and community. I loved seeing someone clearly intelligent responding to questions and acknowledging the good and the bad in our performances. I loved the confidence that gave me in our long term future, even if the short term was rocky. I loved the promotion of youth, and use of loans to help bring players on. I loved having a manager who's mistakes are those of inexperience, rather than incompetence or stupidity.

I never expected huge, immediate improvement, and I absolutely expected some major set backs with such an inexperienced manager, but I was enjoying the ride, and hoped to enjoy it for much longer as he, and we, improved and learned together.

Absolutely gutted.

my thoughts entirely.many thanks michael, and i wish you happiness and success in whatever you choose to do next
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 32
Garth
November 15, 2019, 2:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Thanks Mike, good luck for the future, you tried but you hadn't got what it takes to manage Town, I'm sure you will be  success elsewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
Ipswin
November 15, 2019, 2:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I don't know what your payoff will be but hopefully enough to buy a razor and an iron for your shirt collar ready for your next interview at RBS or Lloyds

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
marinerdazza
November 15, 2019, 2:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from Ipswin
I don't know what your payoff will be but hopefully enough to buy a razor and an iron for your shirt collar ready for your next interview at RBS or Lloyds

Have a day off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
TwoLeftFeet
November 15, 2019, 2:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,065
Gold Stars: 18
Will always be grateful that we never dropped back down to the National league in his 1st season.

Seemed like a good guy who connected with the fans well.

Good luck to him in the future pretty sure we will see him back at BP against us in the future!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
Northbank Mariner
November 15, 2019, 3:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,390
Gold Stars: 170
All I can say is thanks for the last 10 games of 2016/2017 and keeping our league status...thanks for the palace experience and giving our youth a chance.
Nice try MJ, you dipped your toes into managing an EFL team and gave it a go, unfortunately your lack of experience and inability to learn from mistakes cost you your job
If I could give you any advice, look at this opportunity you are given, disect where it went right and wrong and do something you never did whilst here...learn from your mistakes...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley Appreciation Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.