Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So who do we want
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 220 Guests

So who do we want

This thread currently has 35,551 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
marinerdazza
November 15, 2019, 6:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Tommy

Based on what?

I don't think any of us know how Anthony Limbrick/Graham Rodger/Stuart Watkiss/Paul Wilkinson would set a GTFC team up. He was assistant manager, so he wasn't calling the shots. If he was leading training sessions, he'd have been tailoring them to work on what Jolley wanted to work on or upcoming tactics chosen by MJ etc etc. He would've had input, but ultimately the final call every time would be the Manager's.

I'm not suggesting he'll transform the team completely now, but my point is none of us really know.

It’s worked twice in 40 years. Dave Booth and John Cockerill.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 215
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 15, 2019, 6:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from OllieGTFC
No one will be rushing to apply for the job maximum they will get us 18 months then be out of the job, cheap option it will be mark my words

They will get longer than that if they hit the ground running with some football nous about how to win games, and we don't get any more of this crap about it takes 2/3/4/5/10 years to build a side good enough to get to the playoffs and another 3 seasons after that to get promotion.

OK so someone is going to jump up and down now and say times have changed but can I just refer back some decades to Mr McMenemy who came here and hardly changed a person in the team he inherited and by ability turned them into champions.

I'm not suggesting that would happen but I am suggesting that the more people keep saying this "be patient, be patient" tripe like we heard from Hurst and Jolley ....... the more patient we have to be. It is a self-fulfilling prophesy. We need someone with fire in the belly not a laptop in the hand.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 215
Northbank Mariner
November 15, 2019, 6:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171

They will get longer than that if they hit the ground running with some football nous about how to win games, and we don't get any more of this crap about it takes 2/3/4/5/10 years to build a side good enough to get to the playoffs and another 3 seasons after that to get promotion.

OK so someone is going to jump up and down now and say times have changed but can I just refer back some decades to Mr McMenemy who came here and hardly changed a person in the team he inherited and by ability turned them into champions.

I'm not suggesting that would happen but I am suggesting that the more people keep saying this "be patient, be patient" tripe like we heard from Hurst and Jolley ....... the more patient we have to be. It is a self-fulfilling prophesy. We need someone with fire in the belly not a laptop in the hand.

Absolutely 100% behind this statement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 215
promotion plaice
November 15, 2019, 6:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

At the end of the day no matter who we want as the new manager that decision will be made by Mr Fenty....sorry ....the board.

We're in safe hands  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 215
Ipswin
November 15, 2019, 6:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from diehardmariner
What would be really funny is if anyone, or even lots of people, suggested Nigel Farage...

Surely the aim must be for someone to take us into Europe. We've already had loads of failures who have kept us out

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 215
marinerdazza
November 15, 2019, 6:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Just a gentle reminder that it’s not 1972.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 215
TownSNAFU5
November 15, 2019, 6:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,850
Gold Stars: 42

Worth at least  considering successful NL managers.

Steve Watson has certainly turned York around.  They are unbeaten in the league this season.  They also beat Stockport in the FAC, who are a division higher.

The manager of Maldon and Tiptree:  they are top of the league, and unbeaten in the league and 2 cup competitions.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 215
golfer
November 15, 2019, 7:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from diehardmariner
What would be really funny is if anyone, or even lots of people, suggested Nigel Farage...

I already suggested it and got red x's-people are not amused
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 215
golfer
November 15, 2019, 7:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
It looks pretty obvious to me Robbie Stockdale and we will have Jack Ross to thank for it. When Robbie was holding the reigns at Sunderland Jack Ross stepped in-no more Robbie. Assistant at Hibs. Jack Ross odds on to be manager-no more Robbie.  Fenty hears this-Robbie wants a job-no more Jolley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 215
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 15, 2019, 7:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from marinerdazza
Just a gentle reminder that it’s not 1972.

My God! It isn't? No wonder I can't find the Barratt Stand.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 215
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So who do we want

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.