This thread currently has 50,782 views. Print
28 Pages Prev ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All Recommend Thread
Henryscat
November 16, 2019, 9:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Regardless of the content of the audio file the fact it’s in the public domain is worrying. I can’t imagine anyone at RH releasing it which suggests to me it’s someone in the club.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 260 - 277
MuddyWaters
November 16, 2019, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Henryscat
Regardless of the content of the audio file the fact it’s in the public domain is worrying. I can’t imagine anyone at RH releasing it which suggests to me it’s someone in the club.

Whatever you feel about the audio clip, it shows how limited the club’s resources are and how the underlying effects of the loan repayments are eating away at our ability to compete.

This audio just underlines the amateur way we are run and many people at Grimsby Town should be pretty ashamed of the content.
Private Message
Reply: 261 - 277
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 16, 2019, 10:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Historically there has been criticism of JT in particular re his failure to ask MJ some tougher questions and a desire to have Burnsy interview him so not sure where MJ’s beef comes from.

Like all fans the comments on the budget are not good listening especially as JF said this was going to be increased this season and is certainly something that has to be addressed if any new Manager is to progress this club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 262 - 277
HertsGTFC
November 16, 2019, 10:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Historically there has been criticism of JT in particular re his failure to ask MJ some tougher questions and a desire to have Burnsy interview him so not sure where MJ’s beef comes from.

Like all fans the comments on the budget are not good listening especially as JF said this was going to be increased this season and is certainly something that has to be addressed if any new Manager is to progress this club.

I actually don;t see JT as a journo or correspondent he's just the commentator TBH and he's limited. I always feel he does this as a a hobby rather than a career.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 263 - 277
Rik e B
November 16, 2019, 10:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Those upthemariners wanna-be-journos said they had 'their team' there and witnessed. And they were first to officially put that story into the public domain. It was all hearsay and rumour but they reported as a fact they witnessed first hand.

Not pointing fingers, I just can't see the club releasing this into public domain.

There's plenty of different parties around the press room.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 264 - 277
LH
November 16, 2019, 11:07pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,457
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I actually don;t see JT as a journo or correspondent he's just the commentator TBH and he's limited. I always feel he does this as a a hobby rather than a career.    

This. I do sometimes think it’s unfair to make him do both roles. It’s exhausting enough watching the games as it is.
Private Message
Reply: 265 - 277
forza ivano
November 17, 2019, 1:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from smokey111

This, apart from the obsession with leaving people up for corners. I have read and heard several coaches say the less people in the box the easier it becomes to get a clear run and attack the ball. Sam Allardyce explained this and TBH I can't think of a better manager to look to for defending set pieces.

This 'leaving a man up' is bordering on flask territory!!!

There is a contrarian view, which is that when you have a small team you leave 3 players up the pitch.this means the attacking side leave 4-5 men back, which leaves the 18 yard box uncluttered and allows your keeper to claim the ball more easily.have seen the tactic used to very good effect by my local club at southern league level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 266 - 277
forza ivano
November 17, 2019, 1:12am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265

Looks like he's realized that he's just pizzing into the wind at GTFC, especially having talked to previous managers. Seem to recall Hurst having spats about "journo" remarks and budgets  and even JF also falling out with Radio Hullberside. I believe Jolley was just a little naive when he came here and was probably served up a crock of bullcrap which he believed in his gullibility. All in all, I'll bet it was a relief to go (mutually).The board will now be looking for the next mug!  

Summed up beautifully. Ps the same man, who obviously lost it, has replied personally, to 5he  near250 town fans who tweeted their thanks for his efforts. He really didn't need to given how hes been treated and he has just gone up in my estimation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 267 - 277
rancido
November 17, 2019, 12:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96

It bugs me to death that we don't and I'm nowhere near flask territory. You've just got to look at the number of times this season we've cleared the ball from a corner or freekick, for it to come straight back into the box because we haven't got anyone outside of the box to compete for it, putting us under more pressure once again.

But it could be argued that we defended the corner/free kick because of the number of players pulled back into the penalty area.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 268 - 277
Son of Cod
November 18, 2019, 4:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from arryarryarry

As much as I would like to I am not going to say who my source is as they would be very unhappy and probably not speak to me again.

Been busy all weekend, so only just seen this. I'm not arsed about the source, it's the details we all want. If you aren't gonna tell people, then what's the point in smugly hinting that you know? It means one of two things:

1) You're withholding information from fellow fans, which is worse than the powers that be at the club doing it as they're at least looking out for themselves and their livelihoods.

or

2) You're making it up.

Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I wouldn't be surprised if Fenty and the Town board were already talking to the next potential new manager prior to Jolley been sacked.  I bet they already got someone lined up who they really think is a more capable manager.

Can't tell if this is an incredibly great satirical jibe at the club or if you're just a bit deluded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 269 - 277
28 Pages Prev ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley sacked

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.