Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley sacked
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Jolley sacked

This thread currently has 50,415 views. Print
28 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
November 15, 2019, 10:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m sure MJ allegedly applying for another job probably bruised a few egos in the boardroom and I wouldn’t be too surprised to see a former Town employee installed fairly quickly. Just a hunch.

.....or jobs
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 277
golfer
November 15, 2019, 10:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,373
Gold Stars: 111
How many more times do you want telling-it's Robbie Stockdale  F.F.S.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 277
EY Mariner
November 15, 2019, 10:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
I remain as bitterly disappointed by the announcement of Michael Jolley's departure tonight as I was when I first saw it. As far as I'm concerned, we have shown the door to a decent man who had done a good job broadly speaking and now won't get the chance to finish it.

Now I accept that we haven't been playing well of late and I can also see the argument that we should be getting more out of the squad we have. But are we anywhere near plumbing the kind of depths we were during the last days of his predecessor's reign? I think not. Sadly, rather like with Marcus Bignot, I believe this decision to be wholly premature and one that, if we're not careful, could cost us very, very dearly indeed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 277
easypeersy
November 15, 2019, 10:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Wow
Something bad has gone on behind the scenes
It must have!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 277
mariner91
November 16, 2019, 12:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from EY Mariner
I remain as bitterly disappointed by the announcement of Michael Jolley's departure tonight as I was when I first saw it. As far as I'm concerned, we have shown the door to a decent man who had done a good job broadly speaking and now won't get the chance to finish it.

Now I accept that we haven't been playing well of late and I can also see the argument that we should be getting more out of the squad we have. But are we anywhere near plumbing the kind of depths we were during the last days of his predecessor's reign? I think not. Sadly, rather like with Marcus Bignot, I believe this decision to be wholly premature and one that, if we're not careful, could cost us very, very dearly indeed.

Bignot managed a team to 19th in the National League North last season after getting Chester relegated and finishing 23rd in the National League the season before. If that's the calibre of manager you expect us to have then God help us. I doubt Jolley or Bignot will ever manage in the FL again, they were both just not up to it.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 277
Abdul19
November 16, 2019, 3:39am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from promotion plaice

Does this mean Vernam will be recalled from his loan at Chorley ?

Emergency loans can't be recalled in the first 28 days I think.

As for Robson, long term loans can't be recalled outside a transfer window

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 277
Heisenberg
November 16, 2019, 6:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from EY Mariner

The ‘decent man’ bit makes sense to most of us fans, and I would certainly have agreed to that until recently, but as the Chinese whispers become more frequent it does become a more viable perception that actually most people at the club did NOT like him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 277
Hameln Mariner
November 16, 2019, 7:06am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +134
Quoted from Heisenberg

The ‘decent man’ bit makes sense to most of us fans, and I would certainly have agreed to that until recently, but as the Chinese whispers become more frequent it does become a more viable perception that actually most people at the club did NOT like him.

My viable perception is that there is someone else at the club who has been there for considerably longer than MJ's tenure with a distinctly underwhelming record whilst he has been there who is also not liked by most supporters who may be the root cause of our issues both recent and over the long term too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 277
wiggers
November 16, 2019, 7:23am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +460
Gold Stars: 11
Wonder why Limberick hasn’t gone with him? Something not right there......Usually if it’s a results based decision both Manager and Assistant leave together
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 277
Heisenberg
November 16, 2019, 7:56am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Hameln Mariner

My viable perception is that there is someone else at the club who has been there for considerably longer than MJ's tenure with a distinctly underwhelming record whilst he has been there who is also not liked by most supporters who may be the root cause of our issues both recent and over the long term too.

Well yes, that is irrefutable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 277
28 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley sacked

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.