Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley sacked
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Jolley sacked

This thread currently has 50,932 views. Print
28 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
November 15, 2019, 9:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Maybe the rank stupidity of sending him out and getting him cup tied sealed it.

So many strange decisions. Bad though this was ,considering our lack of pace or ability to attack defenders, the signing of Welsh as Club Skipper last season was a red flag. One wonders if MJ can identify priorities correctly let alone find solutions.

He couldn't decide if he was a brain surgeon or a rocket scientist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 277
ginnywings
November 15, 2019, 9:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
We seem to be inextricably linked to Newport over the previous few seasons. It's interesting that they too were on the brink of relegation out of the league the season before us and in fact were in a much more precarious position when they appointed a young, inexperienced manager in Mike Flynn. He duly saved them from the drop miraculously, then followed that up by finishing 11th the next season and getting to a play off final the season after. Not to mention some very lucrative cup exploits along the way. All that achieved without a Pro license and on average gates of less than 3500.

That folks, is what you call progress, and those saying MJ needed more time, should look at what can be achieved relatively quickly if you get the right man at the helm. Also interesting to note that they are fan owned and run club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 277
forza ivano
November 15, 2019, 9:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,156
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I wouldn't be surprised if Fenty and the Town board were already talking to the next potential new manager prior to Jolley been sacked.  I bet they already got someone lined up who they really think is a more capable manager.

Fenty thinking ahead and having a masterplan? That's 2 massive assumptions. In fact even trying to contemplate that scenario is making me feel like Dougal Maguire in Father Ted trying to grasp the concept of God
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 277
MuddyWaters
November 15, 2019, 9:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I wouldn't be surprised if Fenty and the Town board were already talking to the next potential new manager prior to Jolley been sacked.  I bet they already got someone lined up who they really think is a more capable manager.

I’m sure MJ allegedly applying for another job probably bruised a few egos in the boardroom and I wouldn’t be too surprised to see a former Town employee installed fairly quickly. Just a hunch.
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 277
hampshiremariner
November 15, 2019, 9:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,056
Gold Stars: 35
Shocked when I saw this on Sky. When MJ kept us up we were all here praising him to the hilt. Since then there has been criticism and fans are frustrated that, after a great start, we have lapsed back into the old ways.

Several teams in this league seem to be the same in that their form varies from season to season and match to match. No consistency and no one club is dominant.

I would have given Jolley until Christmas at least. Having two games called off has not been to our advantages and we only need 3 or 4 points to be back in mid table.

We have good enough players to be mid table at least. I have no idea who they can bring in to achieve some consistency.

We have had nine or ten years of absolute hell and we are in desperate need of an upturn in fortunes. I have no idea who they bring in to turn it all around. Very depressing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 277
MuddyWaters
November 15, 2019, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from hampshiremariner
Shocked when I saw this on Sky. When MJ kept us up we were all here praising him to the hilt. Since then there has been criticism and fans are frustrated that, after a great start, we have lapsed back into the old ways.

Several teams in this league seem to be the same in that their form varies from season to season and match to match. No consistency and no one club is dominant.

I would have given Jolley until Christmas at least. Having two games called off has not been to our advantages and we only need 3 or 4 points to be back in mid table.

We have good enough players to be mid table at least. I have no idea who they can bring in to achieve some consistency.

We have had nine or ten years of absolute hell and we are in desperate need of an upturn in fortunes. I have no idea who they bring in to turn it all around. Very depressing.

I don’t think form and results are the sole reason. The drop off in form doesn’t match last year’s, the drop off in performance was worrying but, now others have mentioned it, the drop off in connectivity between Jolley and the fans and community is glaring.
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 277
HertsGTFC
November 15, 2019, 9:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Croxton

So many strange decisions. Bad though this was ,considering our lack of pace or ability to attack defenders, the signing of Welsh as Club Skipper last season was a red flag. One wonders if MJ can identify priorities correctly let alone find solutions.

He couldn't decide if he was a brain surgeon or a rocket scientist.

I get it Croxton, Managers with no money rely on their background, connections, scouting networks and sometimes just people they’ve trusted throughout their time growing up in the game.

I hate the “he’s never played the game” attitude but maybe as MJs resources were meagre his lack of background has slowed down the feel good factor that had so much influence on and off the pitch.

I hope he gets himself back to a big club working under the radar with youngsters etc.. and he finds a football career.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 277
HertsGTFC
November 15, 2019, 10:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
We might of missed something here maybe MJ canned it as the club seems to have been tainted by political nut jobs and narcissists in the last 24 hours.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 277
KingstonMariner
November 15, 2019, 10:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don’t think form and results are the sole reason. The drop off in form doesn’t match last year’s, the drop off in performance was worrying but, now others have mentioned it, the drop off in connectivity between Jolley and the fans and community is glaring.

Takes two sides I suppose.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 277
forza ivano
November 15, 2019, 10:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,156
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m sure MJ allegedly applying for another job probably bruised a few egos in the boardroom and I wouldn’t be too surprised to see a former Town employee installed fairly quickly. Just a hunch.

Oh God.please not. I'd hate to see macca/ disley/woodhouse/ anyone else youd care to mention destroyed like Rodger/ woods/ groves. IT DOESNT WORK
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 277
28 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley sacked

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.