Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Football Against Facism

This thread currently has 28,408 views. Print
33 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next All Recommend Thread
Malta_Mariner_90
December 10, 2019, 10:22am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from barralad
The last time I looked at this thread it was less than 10 pages long.

I may be repeating a point already made but for me when people concede that we do need some immigration (thank the Lord for that) but qualify it by saying that it needs to be skilled we appear to have moved away from the reality that many, many of the manual jobs, especially in the big cities are done by immigrants.

This moving away from reality is exactly the same over here in Malta in regards to manual jobs.

The economy here is built on tourism and the development industry. Both of which employ a large amount immigrants. A significant proportion of Maltese that I know are pretty open in their anti migrant sentiment with me despite the fact that I myself am of course one.

Without these people coming and working in the industries the Maltese do not want to Malta would be a third world back water basically.

What is interesting to me is how the increasing migrant population seems to have created this self-entitled attitude among the Maltese that it is now beneath them to work in many industries.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 300 - 320
Ipswin
December 10, 2019, 12:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Malta would be a third world back water basically.

Absolutely not after all in the Third World government corruption at a high level is rife and journalists get killed by car bombs.....oh hang on ...

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 301 - 320
Malta_Mariner_90
December 10, 2019, 5:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Ipswin

Absolutely not after all in the Third World government corruption at a high level is rife and journalists get killed by car bombs.....oh hang on ...

Cannot argue with you there. Politicians over here deem it as their right to pillage what little public funds are available. Its all OK though as the EU keeps funding various projects around the Island which they can then use to convince the sheep here that all is well.

Interestingly Malta has a history of car bombings or other similar devices being used in attacks on various people not just journalists. There have been 19 such instances since 2010 including the one which killed Mrs Caruana Galizia!

It is also just about the only place on earth which allows the annual shooting of protected species of birds at no consequence. Quite the paradise it is over here really.    

Perhaps I am just in denial about living in a third world country after all!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 302 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
December 15, 2019, 7:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ska face

I’ll be leaving the country if it goes mammaries up, never mind twitter.

Have you gone yet?  
Private Message
Reply: 303 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
January 31, 2020, 9:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
I see Sir Keir Starmer held a rally at Accrington Stanley FC. Held a shirt aloft with his name on it. Reminds me of something closer to home.

I haven't seen any hysterical condemnation from anybody on here that he used a football club for political ends.
Private Message
Reply: 304 - 320
Ipswin
January 31, 2020, 10:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I see Sir Keir Starmer held a rally at Accrington Stanley FC. Held a shirt aloft with his name on it. Reminds me of something closer to home.

I haven't seen any hysterical condemnation from anybody that he used a football club for political ends.

I suspect it is not widely known, the virus in China is probably keeping it off the No1 spot on Sky

Seriously I don't think anyone outside of GTFC and its fans knew about that twit Farage performing at BP

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 305 - 320
Manchester Mariner
January 31, 2020, 10:53am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Ipswin

I suspect it is not widely known, the virus in China is probably keeping it off the No1 spot on Sky

Bloody Chinese, sending us their snake flu and on Brexit day. Fuming.  

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 306 - 320
KingstonMariner
February 1, 2020, 10:33am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

I haven't seen any hysterical condemnation from anybody on here that he used a football club for political ends.

Didn’t know about that. Was it reported on GTFC related sites or the national media? Otherwise most of us wouldn’t have seen it.

For the record, this shouldn’t happen regardless of the political party. I know some clubs are desperate for the money but it’s a bad move.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 307 - 320
mariner91
February 1, 2020, 12:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,596
Gold Stars: 260

Hadn't seen it but 100% football clubs should not be associating with political parties. He could have come to Town and I would have said the same. Still, you'll allow your confirmation bias to help you come to the conclusion that people were only bothered because it was Farage and wouldn't have minded Corbyn doing it rather than the same people genuinely holding the opinion that an organisation who's fanbase/customer base spans the whole political spectrum should not be seen to pick sides. You're completely wrong of course but you've never let that stop you before.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 308 - 320
Marinerz93
February 1, 2020, 2:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from mariner91

Hadn't seen it but 100% football clubs should not be associating with political parties. He could have come to Town and I would have said the same. Still, you'll allow your confirmation bias to help you come to the conclusion that people were only bothered because it was Farage and wouldn't have minded Corbyn doing it rather than the same people genuinely holding the opinion that an organisation who's fanbase/customer base spans the whole political spectrum should not be seen to pick sides. You're completely wrong of course but you've never let that stop you before.

Your wrong, if anyone wants to rent a venue at a football ground who the hell are you to say that club can't generate much needed income by renting a room or two out to them. Also any press coverage is free, and you can't beat free publicity.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 309 - 320
33 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.