Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Connecticut Mariner and 16 Guests

Football Against Facism

This thread currently has 28,423 views. Print
33 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
November 17, 2019, 9:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Yeah you can prove anything with facts and experts.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 320
Chrisblor
November 17, 2019, 9:11pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,785
Gold Stars: 233

Of course you would. We all know that. I would rather take a more pragmatic view, based on real peoples views.

Never seen someone revelling this much over their own ignorance before. Imagine if scientists and engineers relied on feelings instead of evidence? We'd all still be stuck in the stone age.

Regarding immigration: setting arbitrary caps on the level of acceptable immigration is stupid and economically damaging. Our economy is reliant on immigrants and as you've been constantly told they contribute more in taxes and economic activity than they cost in terms of healthcare and schooling. Any issues related to funding and lack of capacity in schooling, healthcare and housing are caused by Government policies and spending decisions as ska face has clearly explained in earlier posts in this thread.

Right now British citizens who earn less than £18.6k aren't allowed to bring their spouses to live in the UK with them. If they happen to have kids and they earn less than £22.4k then they can't get a visa for them either. We're currently splitting up families because people like you blame immigrants for problems caused by the government. You should be ashamed.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 17, 2019, 9:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Chrisblor

Never seen someone revelling this much over their own ignorance before. Imagine if scientists and engineers relied on feelings instead of evidence? We'd all still be stuck in the stone age.

Regarding immigration: setting arbitrary caps on the level of acceptable immigration is stupid and economically damaging. Our economy is reliant on immigrants and as you've been constantly told they contribute more in taxes and economic activity than they cost in terms of healthcare and schooling. Any issues related to funding and lack of capacity in schooling, healthcare and housing are caused by the Government policies and spending decisions as ska face has clearly explained in earlier posts in this thread.

Right now British citizens who earn less than £18.6k aren't allowed to bring their spouses to live in the UK with them. If they happen to have kids and they earn less than £22.4k then they can't get a visa for them either. We're currently splitting up families because people like you blame immigrants for problems caused by the government. You should be ashamed.

Well funnily enough I have never seen someone so puffed up with their own self importance before, so lets call it quits.

You can throw all the expert calculations you like at me, and I will counter with the obvious and unmistakable conclusions that mass uncontrolled immigration is not good for the county on a number of levels. Even on the economic one, which you seem to exclusively focus on, millions of immigrants producing a slightly higher GDP spread ever more thinly is of little value.

Towns and cities have been changed beyond recognition due to mass uncontrolled immigration. GP's are overstretched, housing is scarce, school places over subscribed, wages subdued for the lower paid and our infrastructure  struggling to cope.

You blame the government, probably because the Conservatives are in power, but any government would struggle to improve services when there are millions more accessing them.

You don't care for us Brexiteers, which is fair enough. You hate the Tories, which is fair enough. What you cannot seem to understand, or want to understand is that people have different view to yours. My view is equally as important as yours. The Brexit voter, who sees what is happening in his neighborhood, is of equal value to your vote. That is democracy - all votes are equal.

PS. Even taking your calculations into account, give me an estimate of how many immigrants you would be happy to see come to the UK in the next 10 years?
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 320
golfer
November 17, 2019, 9:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
You can't reason with them-seem brainwashed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 320
chaos33
November 17, 2019, 10:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
This subject surely necessitates a watch of this:

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 320
Chrisblor
November 17, 2019, 10:46pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,785
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from golfer
You can't reason with them-seem brainwashed

Not sure providing actual evidence to back up my arguments is brainwashed compared to a baseless and economically backward argument of I JUST THINK THERE'S TOO MANY OF THEM WE SHOULDN'T LET ANY MORE IN.

The point going over your heads is that without immigrants there'd be enormous skill shortages in the economy, hospitals would be even more strained and there'd be significantly less money for the government to spend on public services. If you just removed all the immigrants and stopped letting more in it doesn't magically mean everything schools & healthcare would be adequately funded - the government has to increase per capita spending on those services but chooses not to for ideological reasons.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 320
LH
November 17, 2019, 11:43pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
‘Real people’ are flipping morons.
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 320
ska face
November 17, 2019, 11:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,643
Gold Stars: 840
. My view is equally as important as yours.

And your life is equally as important as a migrants.

Of great importance to you and your family, but of absolutely no significance whatsoever to the ruling classes. You think those at the top of the Brexit Party give a single solitary sheeite if you drop dead waiting for an ambulance tomorrow? Nope.

But keep on lining their pockets. They must be absolutely p1ssing themselves at having serfs like you doing their bidding.
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 320
golfer
November 18, 2019, 8:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Chrisblor

Not sure providing actual evidence to back up my arguments is brainwashed compared to a baseless and economically backward argument of I JUST THINK THERE'S TOO MANY OF THEM WE SHOULDN'T LET ANY MORE IN.

The point going over your heads is that without immigrants there'd be enormous skill shortages in the economy, hospitals would be even more strained and there'd be significantly less money for the government to spend on public services. If you just removed all the immigrants and stopped letting more in it doesn't magically mean everything schools & healthcare would be adequately funded - the government has to increase per capita spending on those services but chooses not to for ideological reasons.

I didn't realise that ALL the immigrants were going to be removed-I'm sorry-must get my facts right before I comment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 248 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 18, 2019, 10:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Chrisblor

I think your reasoning is gradually unraveling.

There is a tiny, tiny percentage of the population that would think no immigration at all is what is required.

What we are arguing for is reasonable numbers, with the infrastructure, housing, schools, hospitals etc to accommodate them. The small increase in GDP attributed to immigration is swallowed up and more by having to provide extra services. This is one reason why Labour are so low in the polls; like you they cannot grasp the simple concept of allowing mass uncontrolled immigration is having a detrimental effect on communities becasue the services have not kept pace with immigration levels; yet all you do is argue for more immigration, and castigate the Tory government for not spending more on services to keep pace with more immigration to allow the cycle to continue.

I smile when you mention "ideological" reasons in respect of the Tory party, whilst you yourself remain steadfastly neutral..?!

Can I ask again (mainly for any posters who might be thinking of voting for Labour) - how many immigrants would you like to come to the UK in uncontrolled numbers? Another 5 million? 10 million? More than that?
Private Message
Reply: 249 - 320
33 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.