6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
November 9, 2019, 5:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
God that was awful. We sat back and defended our own box and waited for something to happen. Big boot down the middle  to Hanson. No idea, no ambition, no pace, no idea and absolutely no ambition to try to score.

Does Jolley realise that fans go in the hope of seeing a good game of football and hopefully some goals?

Oh and the ref was crap too, although he got the penalty right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Sigone
November 9, 2019, 5:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,608
Gold Stars: 5
Agree with everything the o.p said..I thought the 1st half was bad, I was wrong..in comparison the 1st half was a festival of football compared to the 2nd. The players have to take responsibility for a total lack of composure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 59
Hagrid
November 9, 2019, 5:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
The formation was an insult. We were utterly hopeless and clueless. We make hanson chase absolutely everything, no pace, just awful. Second half the amount of times newport had spare men over and jolley did nothing to counteract it. I want him gone, 29 wins out of 84 games. Today has made my mind up. Knew podge would score, subs added nothing, although we almost won it at the death. Cant comment on the pen was too far away but thought thr ref was shite and newports antics very poor. intercourse the replay because we wont win. Fed up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 59
Madeleymariner
November 9, 2019, 5:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Worst thing for me was we were under pressure for 10 mins pinned in our own half and his answer was going to be bring on another CD so we have 4 on the pitch rather than freshen up the midfield and start pressing   The Parslow Point anyone?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 59
promotion plaice
November 9, 2019, 5:41pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

After seeing that I'd take a 2nd from bottom finish in the league right now.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 59
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2019, 5:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
I can’t think of any part of that performance that was anything more than moderate.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 59
Ruston AT
November 9, 2019, 6:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +397
Gold Stars: 9
Absolutely awful game no atmosphere and what looked like lack of game plan. The back three were immense the midfield , sometimes good usually panicking. The forward line out muscled, out thought and lacking support from midfield.
So, we need to sell pollock for big money and buy some left footed players and use the left hand side of the pitch.
MJ 's time must be coming to an end the project is not working.
Ps the ref fell for all newports tricks and it wasn't a penalty, a free kick but not a pen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 59
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2019, 6:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Ruston AT
Absolutely awful game no atmosphere and what looked like lack of game plan. The back three were immense the midfield , sometimes good usually panicking. The forward line out muscled, out thought and lacking support from midfield.
So, we need to sell pollock for big money and buy some left footed players and use the left hand side of the pitch.
MJ 's time must be coming to an end the project is not working.
Ps the ref fell for all newports tricks and it wasn't a penalty, a free kick but not a pen.

Which three of the back four were immense? Plus it was a stick on penalty, contact inside the box.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 59
chaos33
November 9, 2019, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I did like Jolley but he is killing it. I’m not far from wanting him gone, although I suspect our problems run deeper than managerial appointments.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 59
moosey_club
November 9, 2019, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Thought first half wasnt too bad in all honesty, 4-4-2 , Cook and Robson out wide and Whitehouse Hess in the centre. We used the right side more than the left , worked the channel and had a fair share of corners. Thought we pressed them fairly well and high initially.
Didnt really open them up in open play and then the game got scrappy, the ref started to blow far too often and decided Newport's tendency to fall over screaming must mean its a free kick.
Got the goal with a rare ball in from open play from the left, good header but poor from their keeper to let it creep in.

Second half we never got started, they fell over more, Green in particular for me didnt hold the ball up well enough and the midfield sat deeper, deeper and deeper and narrow.   This isolated the striker(s) , gave Newport the momentum and the space on the park to cross the ball at will. Also when we did get the ball no one looked capable of keeping it meaning the ball was instantly turned over.

The back four doing a sterling job of repelling the ball but with the number of balls coming in something eventually would give.

Can't comment on the penalty as too far away and too crowded to see.

After that we still had chances, two great free kick positions, both hopelessly wasted and at the death Robson cutting in creating a great opportunity before blasting wide.

Happy to see a standard 4-4-2, although it didn't really provide us with any penetration but with Pollock at right back and latterly Whitehouse on the left then i think the personnel hindered that as opposed to the shape itself. Strikers hardly got any real service throughout so cant be too damning of them.

Pollock and Gibson both played well i thought, Waterfall commanding in both boxes and Russell looked comfortable and commanding of his box.

From that viewing, their squad looked overall much more comfortable on the ball, had more pace about it and physically stronger (despite them falling over in the breeze).

We didnt lose to a strong side, got a workout after a couple of weeks off, Pollock showed again his potential, we are in the draw.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 59
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.