Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £75.000 !
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 339 Guests

£75.000 !

This thread currently has 2,152 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
November 4, 2019, 12:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,178
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted Text
The FA live broadcast fee is £75,000 per club. Winning clubs will receive £36,000 from The FA prize fund and a place in the second round.

The first round live TV ties brought to you by LG – official partner of the Emirates FA Cup:

Friday 8 November 2019

Dulwich Hamlet v Carlisle United (7.55pm)
Live on BBC Two

Sunday 10 November 2019

Dover Athletic v Southend United (Midday)
BT Sport 1

Hayes & Yeading v Oxford United (2.15pm)
BT Sport 1

Monday 11 November 2019

Harrogate Town v Portsmouth (7.45pm)
BT Sport 1

The following matches will be available either as extended highlights or single camera footage via the BBC, unless stated otherwise:

Saturday 9 November 2019

Maidenhead United v Rotherham United (3pm GMT) – BBC extended highlights

The FA fee for extended highlights on a Saturday is £6,750 per club.

Sunday 10 November 2019

Leyton Orient v Maldon & Tiptree (12.45pm) – Overseas broadcast
Chippenham Town v Northampton Town (12.45pm) – BBC extended highlights
Barnet v Fleetwood Town (12.45pm) – BBC extended highlights
York City v Altrincham (12.45pm)
Wrexham v Rochdale (12.45pm)
Bristol Rovers v Bromley (12.45pm)
Gateshead v Oldham Athletic (12.45pm)
Macclesfield Town v Kingstonian (12.45pm)

The FA fee for extended highlights, overseas broadcast or live single camera footage on a Sunday is £12,500 per club.

More than I thought, Dulwich, Harrogate, Dover and Hayes & Yeading must be pleased. (As Carlisle, Oxford, Portsmouth and Southend will also be) Over £100,000 to the winners.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
RichMariner
November 4, 2019, 1:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,131
Gold Stars: 209
I'm not going to be so flippant as to suggest a club doesn't 'need' the money but as I understand it Harrogate are well backed financially.

And given the BBC's obsession with Salford in past seasons, it often is the richest of non-league clubs that seem to benefit most when it comes to TV money.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
mimma
November 4, 2019, 1:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
I suppose that it comes to how much interest in each tie and what viewing figures they can get.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
Son of Cod
November 4, 2019, 1:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from RichMariner
I'm not going to be so flippant as to suggest a club doesn't 'need' the money but as I understand it Harrogate are well backed financially.

And given the BBC's obsession with Salford in past seasons, it often is the richest of non-league clubs that seem to benefit most when it comes to TV money.

Harrogate v Portsmouth is probably the best tie of the round, to be fair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Abdul19
November 4, 2019, 1:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Harrogate's the tie of the round though, it'd be a shame if it wasn't on tv (although Monday night is a nonsense).

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Gaffer58
November 4, 2019, 3:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Abdul19
Harrogate's the tie of the round though, it'd be a shame if it wasn't on tv (although Monday night is a nonsense).

The FA were at Portsmouth's last home game and took a survey of when the fans would prefer to play the game over the weekend/ Monday evening as they realised it was quite a journey. The overall choice was a Saturday/ Sunday afternoon game, so the FA listened to the fans and after discussions with TV decided to make it a Monday night game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
November 5, 2019, 2:48am
Guest User
Quoted from Gaffer58
The FA were at Portsmouth's last home game and took a survey of when the fans would prefer to play the game over the weekend/ Monday evening as they realised it was quite a journey. The overall choice was a Saturday/ Sunday afternoon game, so the FA listened to the fans and after discussions with TV decided to make it a Monday night game.

It's sad that this is not even slightly surprising. Football is now run as a business so money outranks fans on every decision.
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £75.000 !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.