Just back - the M5 tour

This thread currently has 4,308 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
The Pasty Muncer
November 3, 2019, 5:11pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +11
Good afternoon Fishy friends, Argyle fan here. Felt for you yesterday, but if it makes you feel any better; once I was walking through Newcastle at 2pm on my way to St James Pk only to be confronted by Newcastle fans coming the other way......'Games off mate' they told me, couldn't chuffing believe it. Went back up for the rearranged match on a Tuesday night & it started snowing as we crossed the Tyne !!! Fortunately the game was still on but Argyle threw a 2 goal league away in the last 10 minutes. 1640 miles to watch Argyle stuff up as per usual.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
moosey_club
November 3, 2019, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,195
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from The Pasty Muncer
Good afternoon Fishy friends, Argyle fan here. Felt for you yesterday, but if it makes you feel any better; once I was walking through Newcastle at 2pm on my way to St James Pk only to be confronted by Newcastle fans coming the other way......'Games off mate' they told me, couldn't chuffing believe it. Went back up for the rearranged match on a Tuesday night & it started snowing as we crossed the Tyne !!! Fortunately the game was still on but Argyle threw a 2 goal league away in the last 10 minutes. 1640 miles to watch Argyle stuff up as per usual.

But its those times you will always remember more than a boring 1-1 at home against Walsall, Barnsley and West Ham games for me getting there or very close to and finding out its off and being at our Friday night horror show at Hartlepool, losing 8-1 in 2003....its what makes a lower league supporter.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Abdul19
November 3, 2019, 5:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,512
Gold Stars: 215
*Friday night  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
moosey_club
November 3, 2019, 7:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
*Friday night  

??

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
friskneymariner
November 3, 2019, 7:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Hartlepool's was a Friday night seared into my  memory.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
The Pasty Muncer
November 3, 2019, 7:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +11
Quoted from moosey_club

But its those times you will always remember more than a boring 1-1 at home against Walsall, Barnsley and West Ham games for me getting there or very close to and finding out its off and being at our Friday night horror show at Hartlepool, losing 8-1 in 2003....its what makes a lower league supporter.

You're so right there. Supporting clubs such as ours is so much more fulfilling coz when you win you want to paint the town red, green or black/white. To supporters of the top Pem teams another win is water off a duck's back. Curiously I actually saw Argyle win 8-1 at Hartlepool !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
moosey_club
November 3, 2019, 7:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from The Pasty Muncer

You're so right there. Supporting clubs such as ours is so much more fulfilling coz when you win you want to paint the town red, green or black/white. To supporters of the top Pem teams another win is water off a duck's back. Curiously I actually saw Argyle win 8-1 at Hartlepool !

hehe...some weird symmetry there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
cod_head_doug
November 4, 2019, 7:33pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 3
The wife and I travelled down to Plymouth on Friday, had a nice meal and some ale on Friday night.
Woke up on Saturday morning to gusty wind and some light rain. Travelled to the Spoons opposite the ground and got stuck into some more ale. Got talking to some Janners and were having a good time when some Town fans came over and said the match was in jepordy. Evidently one roof sheet above the away end had moved and left a couple of inches gap. The game got called off as it was too dangerous to go up and secure it. A guy came into the pub and said that all Town fans were welcome to go into their supporters bar for free, usually £5, and there was some entertainment on. As we walked to the ground we spotted three scaffolders working at roof level on their new side stand, double standards methinks. We went there just to have a look round and say hello, seeing as they were making a gesture to us. We were welcomed in to their bar, the entertainment was an Irish Folk ish band with lots of comedy thrown in. Absolutely loads of their fans came up to us, shook our hands, apologised for the game being called off. Another five Town fans came in and we sat at a table with them. Two Plymouth fans came over to us and dropped £20 each on the table to buy beer with, at least three other Plymouth fans bought me and the missus drinks, they gave us free pies, bacon rolls and sausage rolls and then one of the ladies behind the bar came over with a clipboard and insisted on getting another round in. We must have been there over five hours and we joined them dancing a Ceili, we were high fiving them and generaly having a great time. What a bunch of party animals, and what a friendly bunch. I have never been made more welcolme anywhere. Their bar is an example of which we should aspire to, there must have been 150 to 200 people in there for hours. Its a pity there wasnt more Town fans in there to see what we could have at Blundell Park or the new ground, it must be a model to be copied.

Bobby Cummings is my hero ! The main reason I am a Cod Head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
Son of Cod
November 4, 2019, 7:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,326
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from cod_head_doug
The wife and I travelled down to Plymouth on Friday, had a nice meal and some ale on Friday night.
Woke up on Saturday morning to gusty wind and some light rain. Travelled to the Spoons opposite the ground and got stuck into some more ale. Got talking to some Janners and were having a good time when some Town fans came over and said the match was in jepordy. Evidently one roof sheet above the away end had moved and left a couple of inches gap. The game got called off as it was too dangerous to go up and secure it. A guy came into the pub and said that all Town fans were welcome to go into their supporters bar for free, usually £5, and there was some entertainment on. As we walked to the ground we spotted three scaffolders working at roof level on their new side stand, double standards methinks. We went there just to have a look round and say hello, seeing as they were making a gesture to us. We were welcomed in to their bar, the entertainment was an Irish Folk ish band with lots of comedy thrown in. Absolutely loads of their fans came up to us, shook our hands, apologised for the game being called off. Another five Town fans came in and we sat at a table with them. Two Plymouth fans came over to us and dropped £20 each on the table to buy beer with, at least three other Plymouth fans bought me and the missus drinks, they gave us free pies, bacon rolls and sausage rolls and then one of the ladies behind the bar came over with a clipboard and insisted on getting another round in. We must have been there over five hours and we joined them dancing a Ceili, we were high fiving them and generaly having a great time. What a bunch of party animals, and what a friendly bunch. I have never been made more welcolme anywhere. Their bar is an example of which we should aspire to, there must have been 150 to 200 people in there for hours. Its a pity there wasnt more Town fans in there to see what we could have at Blundell Park or the new ground, it must be a model to be copied.

Great to read that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back - the M5 tour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.