Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another one bites the dust.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 187 Guests

Another one bites the dust.

This thread currently has 5,770 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
November 1, 2019, 4:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Nathen Jones sacked by Stoke.

He had a lot of success at Luton but found the championship a step too far .

He is not on his own there is here ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
marinerdazza
November 1, 2019, 4:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Well it looks like the Cowleys are the real deal. Quite a turnaround at Huddersfield. Bet they're delighted they left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
arryarryarry
November 1, 2019, 4:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Speaking to a Huddersfield fan, so far they seem quite impressed with the Cowleys.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
Helgy
November 1, 2019, 5:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Always thought they would succeed as they have a massive drive & are relentless.
Their time came to an end at Lincoln as they could not go forward with us anymore and were not prepared to make do.
Great memories in the past 3 seasons ones i'll never forget.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
Northbank Mariner
November 1, 2019, 5:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Helgy
Always thought they would succeed as they have a massive drive & are relentless.
Their time came to an end at Lincoln as they could not go forward with us anymore and were not prepared to make do.
Great memories in the past 3 seasons ones i'll never forget.

Must be a bit of kicker now though Helgy, seeing as Appleton's not really cutting the mustard...what's the chances of him biting the dust before season's end seeing as though you have a board hell bent on success...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
LH
November 1, 2019, 5:45pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from Helgy
Did someone say Cowleys?

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 1, 2019, 6:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,510
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Must be a bit of kicker now though Helgy, seeing as Appleton's not really cutting the mustard...what's the chances of him biting the dust before season's end seeing as though you have a board hell bent on success...

Personally think Appleton will prove a good appointment. I understand he is trying to introduce a different style of play and reports are they have played very well in certain games, Peterborough away in particular, with no reward. However, the dip in form has coincided with ours which has helped reduce the amount of stick I have to put up with which has been pretty relentless of last 3 years.

More concerned with our Manager to be honest and trying to remain optimistic but a lack of an obvious pattern of play after approaching two years in charge is a major worry!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
Northbank Mariner
November 1, 2019, 6:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Personally think Appleton will prove a good appointment. I understand he is trying to introduce a different style of play and reports are they have played very well in certain games, Peterborough away in particular, with no reward. However, the dip in form has coincided with ours which has helped reduce the amount of stick I have to put up with which has been pretty relentless of last 3 years.

More concerned with our Manager to be honest and trying to remain optimistic but a lack of an obvious pattern of play after approaching two years in charge is a major worry!!

Have to say I'm pleased you pointed that out as I keep taking pelters for saying Jolley hasn't impressed me in nearly 2 years and shows no signs of improvement to be honest
No one can say what we are about, be it long ball, counter attack, possession based or any other style..it always seems to be "suck it and see" every game under Jolley..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
grimsby pete
November 1, 2019, 7:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Have to say I'm pleased you pointed that out as I keep taking pelters for saying Jolley hasn't impressed me in nearly 2 years and shows no signs of improvement to be honest
No one can say what we are about, be it long ball, counter attack, possession based or any other style..it always seems to be "suck it and see" every game under Jolley..

I have to admit I am a bit disappointed with MJ Jeff I thought given time he will be successful but as soon as we go on a run we start to have a losing streak.
Some of his tactics and team selections baffle me and if he does not learn quickly it will stay the same win a few lose a few.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
Northbank Mariner
November 1, 2019, 7:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have to admit I am a bit disappointed with MJ Jeff I thought given time he will be successful but as soon as we go on a run we start to have a losing streak.
Some of his tactics and team selections baffle me and if he does not learn quickly it will stay the same win a few lose a few.

Pete, you and Swin took some crud for your disdain if the appointment, now I'm with you.
All the optimism that came with his appointment has gone and if you look at it in the cold light of day it was pure luck we stayed up in those 10 games...
Since then we've not improved, yes the squad has no doubt about that but the performances haven't, all in all I think he's probably a good coach but he's no Messiah and isn't a good manager...there, I've said it, MJ is not a good manager...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another one bites the dust.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.