Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Latest GTFC Financial Results Released...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 262 Guests

Latest GTFC Financial Results Released...

This thread currently has 11,519 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
December 3, 2019, 2:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
So would player sales be the Dembele money?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 69
MuddyWaters
December 3, 2019, 3:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from psgmariner
Keiran Maguire has done his usual deep dive on our accounts:

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire?lang=en

TLR

Praises us for showing that lower league clubs can be transparent, break even and get accounts out quickly.

Income up 12% mainly due to broadcast revenue

Profit made through player sales and loan income

Wage bill up 5%

£46,000 spent on transfers

Fenty recouped £250k but still £1.55M outstanding

Committed to spend £107k on new ground plans (don't get much for that!)

I believe part of the reduction in the loan account was to pay back the Mullens' loan.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 69
Rob_in_Grimsby
December 3, 2019, 5:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Cambs Mariner

I believe it is 51%.

51% gives them overall control, what I believe he is referring to was when someone buys shares there are triggers in place where they have to offer all existing shareholders the option to sell at the offered price,
MP was caught out by this and ended up gifting shares to get around it,  I think we have 3 trigger points in our buy out agreement the first is around 33%
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 69
Rob_in_Grimsby
December 3, 2019, 5:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Furthermore he states

Grimsby total losses over the years just under £3m. Club technically insolvent but not an issue whilst directors continue to back it.

How did we manage to lose that amount of money??  Got to say I am a bit shocked about that.....

I think this is meant to reflect the amount the club have in assets against the on the book dept ie directors loans and other creditors which is total 3m
Like it says this last financial period we made a small profit  so the club is still solvent, if the Creditors where to call all the dept in though then that would be another story.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 69
SomeSanity
December 3, 2019, 6:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
On the surface, those figures look really good.

It would be interesting to see where we compared to clubs in and around is compare in terms of turnover and where our revenue is coming from.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 69
December 3, 2019, 6:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from SomeSanity

It would be interesting to see where we compared to clubs in and around is compare in terms of turnover and where our revenue is coming from.

Please explain to me how 'technically insolvent' equates to 'really good'.
Reply: 65 - 69
pizzzza
December 3, 2019, 6:45pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from 137

Please explain to me how 'technically insolvent' equates to 'really good'.

This is Town we're talking about so any situation that "could have been worse" is also "really good".
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 69
MuddyWaters
December 3, 2019, 7:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from SomeSanity

I fail to see how accumulated losses of that magnitude are 'really good' especially in light of the lack of any saleable assets.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 69
GollyGTFC
December 4, 2019, 11:12am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm still slightly bemused as to why this might be a good thing bearing in mind the losses & loans racked up due to the mismanagement of the club.

Exactly. The debt was racked up by Fenty’s mismanagement. Paying off terrible management appointments and useless players.

By the end of this season Fenty would have taken around £850k from the club that could have been better spent on improving the facilities and infrastructure at the club. For example it would cost a fraction of that to implement a new ticketing system where you can pick your seat, print tickets at home and have scanners on each turnstile.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 68 - 69
rancido
December 4, 2019, 5:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Exactly. The debt was racked up by Fenty’s mismanagement. Paying off terrible management appointments and useless players.

By the end of this season Fenty would have taken around £850k from the club that could have been better spent on improving the facilities and infrastructure at the club. For example it would cost a fraction of that to implement a new ticketing system where you can pick your seat, print tickets at home and have scanners on each turnstile.

... and he could also not have lent the club any money and see it go under. There are always more than one way to interpret the situation.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Latest GTFC Financial Results Released...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.