Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Latest GTFC Financial Results Released...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 171 Guests

Latest GTFC Financial Results Released...

This thread currently has 11,518 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
November 5, 2019, 1:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Here we go again !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 69
KingstonMariner
November 5, 2019, 1:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm still slightly bemused as to why this might be a good thing bearing in mind the losses & loans racked up due to the mismanagement of the club.

What we’d like to happen and what happens in reality can be different things. Given Fenty is not going to write off the debt, and if you think his control has been bad for the club, then every pound paid back is a step in the right direction.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 69
KingstonMariner
November 5, 2019, 1:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer
Here we go again !

Sorry golfer. We’re not all forelock tuggers.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 69
FishOutOfWater
November 5, 2019, 2:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from golfer
Here we go again !

Thanks for the recommendation Golfer.... nice one!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RclqsuLXlo
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 69
MuddyWaters
November 5, 2019, 2:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from KingstonMariner

What we’d like to happen and what happens in reality can be different things. Given Fenty is not going to write off the debt, and if you think his control has been bad for the club, then every pound paid back is a step in the right direction.

Given that we're unlikely to make similar profits every year, that means at least six more years! And furthermore, are we taking £150k plus out of the playing budget year on year to facilitate the pay-back?
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 69
golfer
November 5, 2019, 3:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115

I am definitely not a yes man and don't follow the crowd. As far as I am concerned every man is equal no matter how much money they have got-it's just that some are more equal than others.  P.S. -it's years since I tugged anything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 69
Maringer
November 5, 2019, 4:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,407
Gold Stars: 184

Forewhat tuggers?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 69
Madeleymariner
November 5, 2019, 4:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Love him or hate him Fenty has every right to take back part of his loans when we are in profit (Or even if we are not). Its not our money, nor does it belong to the playing budget (Even if another £200k would probably help).The sooner he can get all his money back the better bet we are for someone to take over and move us forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 69
Rik e B
November 5, 2019, 7:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
In the meantime we're stuck in limbo limping along with a cack-a$$ budget while he pays himself back. It is what it is I guess, so long as he stops once he got his fair dues and doesn't keep bleeding us dry. Then finally we can maybe look to a brighter football.

Until then plenty of moaning and groaning at the fayre on offer I'm afraid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 69
Bigdog
November 5, 2019, 11:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Profit, loss, loans paid, loans unpaid.. what does it matter in the grand scheme of things unless there's significant change?

Managed to return to BP after more than ten years away recently and was pretty shocked when looking around. Expected it to look a little more spruced up after the claims from the club and expected a little more in the way of better facilities and club/customer interaction. Amazing what a false image a few photos online can project. It's even scruffier and much more soulless than I remembered.

I'm sorry to say.. all I saw was a decaying club/ground with a sparseish home support made up of a majority of middle-aged to old-aged men going to a game out of duty or hanging on to the dying embers of a love affair. No buzz, no excitement, no sparkle and the football wasn't any better.

Maybe it's only clearly apparent when visiting once in a blue moon. Fairly upsetting to witness first hand evidence of what I've perceived for a long time to be a slow and painful demise without significant investment arriving from somewhere.

There's competence in balancing the books but there's no glory or credit to be given in it. Far from it. Any accountant can do that. A football club's performance is not solely measured on a balance sheet or a profit and loss account. Just look at our facilities, look at our team over the past few years. We look and sound like a football club lying there on a life support machine compared to most of the 91. Nothing more , nothing less. Anyone who can say anything else is fairly deluded or blindly loyal imho..

I wish things were different.. but they just aren't..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Latest GTFC Financial Results Released...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.