This thread currently has 4,290 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
November 12, 2019, 7:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I really can not understand why anybody would be gullible enough to even consider voting for the Brexit Party - and that's not because of political beliefs they may hold on the EU, but because of two things.

1. The BREXIT Party is not a party as such. It's a company, solely owned by the biggest snake oil salesman in the UK. What he says goes.

2. They haven't got any policies, and do not intend releasing their manifesto until about a fortnight before December 12th. Remember, what Farage says goes.

The Brexit Party will not benefit working folk. I suspect, like the Tories they will say anything to please anybody in the run up to the election because they know they're political toast after Farage's humiliation this week when he slashed their number of candidates in half, and kept their 300 plus £100 deposits as he will not be issuing refunds. That's an awful lot of very decent claret.

I think this election will defy all the "rules" I don't know which way it will end up, but I simply do not buy into all the rubbish coming out of the polls. Polls do not reflect political reality, they try to determine it. I've lived all my life, unfortunately, in a Tory constituency, first in Meggies, before moving to Scotland and residing in the only constituency where there was the only Tory MP in Scotland. He's got a 10,000 majority, and the SNP are second by some distance so they'll be getting my vote - and I expect to see whole swathes of the UK doing similar to rout the Tories. It might not prevent their being re-elected, but it's certainly not a gimme.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
KingstonMariner
November 12, 2019, 8:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It says it all doesn't it when Falange was saying a week ago that Boris' deal was not even Brexit and he would oppose the Tories in every seat. I think at one point he even said it's worse than staying in!And now Boris' deal is OK. Some conviction politician that! If he hadn't been so strident about it before he might have had a little bit of credibility in his change of tack.

But we know which side his bread is buttered. The Brexit Party and UKIP before it are effectively pushing a Tory agenda (a version that not all Tories agree with, but Tory nonetheless. And the strings are being pulled by rich men.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
KingstonMariner
November 12, 2019, 8:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Incidentally Jock with a 10,000 vote majority, will even SNP stand a chance in your constituency? If they don't, you may as well vote for your actual preference.

I'm conflicted about this now. The only party with a chance of ousting the Tories (and a very good chance) are the LibDems. In 2015, 2016 (we had a by-election when Zac Goldsmith stood down over Heathrow Runway 3), then again in 2017 I reluctantly voted LD - reluctant because of the Coalition. This time round I said I would again, very reluctantly, and I'd even help leaflet and stuff just to get rid of the Tories. But Toria Swanson came out last week and said she would never support a Corbyn government (can't think who else stands a chance) so the likely winners are the Real Tories or the Disguised Tories.

I know in gaming terms I should still support Swinson's candidate on the slim chance that they won't support the Tories.

* I remember someone else saying he would lay down in front of the bulldozers, but can't remember his name. Joris Bohnson? John Borison?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › We are having a Election

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.