9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
October 19, 2019, 4:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
The bad news or slight good news?  Is that for the next game there must be more team changes again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 83
cmackenzie4
October 19, 2019, 4:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
I’m looking forward to MJ’s excuse today, he must be feeling the pressure now, we’ve shipped a lot of goals just lately,  yes I know one of them was a game against premiership opposition but the amount of goals we’ve let in is worrying.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 83
mariner91
October 19, 2019, 4:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from mariner91
Looks like Hewitt in the midfield again which has been pretty awful every time he's played there before.

Hate to say I told you so. Our midfielders, except Hess and Robson, are not good enough with the ball. Even worse is their not particularly strong or quick either so it begs the question, what do they bring to the table?

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 83
Mayaman
October 19, 2019, 4:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Davec

So when the ball is fired up to Hanson with absoloutly no support what else can he do apart from knock it down? Are you expecting him to cushion the ball perfectly with his head into his feet and play? Are you expecting him to jump 6 feet in the air and trap the ball with his feet? I don't see how Hanson can be blamed for this, yeah he's not playing well but nothing he can do when balls are being fired to him and the ball into him isn't off a good quality and he's no support...

I know not entirely his fault but he could look for a foul or flick on try to gain some ground.  However, i do blame him for his workrate. He's a lazy sh***

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 83
HertsGTFC
October 19, 2019, 4:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,635
Gold Stars: 217
Feels like the Bignot era

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 83
Ipswin
October 19, 2019, 4:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Tuesday evening could be embarrassing

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 83
Gaffer58
October 19, 2019, 5:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
My concern is that we could be at the start of another long losing streak, we've all seen them over the last couple of years and currently things are looking similar.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 83
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 19, 2019, 5:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,510
Gold Stars: 64
Missed the game because of a kidney infection not sure which is more painful the infection or the result!!

Hate to jump on the bandwagon but big questions about MJ now and particularly the continued changing of our lineup. As stated above the mystery to me all season is why Hanson has never had a player alongside him rather than 20 yards away.

Think he is about to find out how bleak the Grimsby managers job can be when you member it up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 83
grimsby pete
October 19, 2019, 5:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Ipswin
Tuesday evening could be embarrassing

Cambridge have beaten Exeter 4.0

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 83
mariner91
October 19, 2019, 5:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Other than the Exeter game can anyone tell me a time where we've got a result and people have put it down to Jolley's tactical nous? He's had three transfer windows after doing really well to keep us up with Slade's mess but has seemingly no idea how he wants us to play or what his best formaton/team is.

He over-analyses everything and makes constant baffling decisions. I appreciate that he's a young manager learning his trade but that's two seasons in a row where he's left himself without the option of bringing on a player who can give genuine width going forward which leaves us hamstrung tactically more often than not. Even more worryingly he doesn't seem to learn his lessons. We've been shite every time Hewitt has played in the middle (not blaming him solely for the result) so in a game where we could really do with a result he goes and sticks him in there. Jolley's a nice guy and he's meant to be intelligent but neither her nor the team have shown much improvement over the last 18 months and that's a long enough time to start seeing improvement if there were going to be any.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.